What is the Power Consumption of a Phanteks Halos Lux Fan Frame

Hi everyone,

As the title of the topic says, I like to know the power consumption of a Halos Lux 140mm Fan Frame. I'm planning on connection on of these along with a Cooler Master Universal LED Strip and LED strip of some kind to my MoBo RGB Header which is a 3A 12V 4 pin header. I have only one header so I need to know if all these products will come within the limit of the Header's capacity. Any help will be appreciated. :)

PS: What is the Wattage of a single RGB SM5050 LED? Is it a standard number or does it change with the brand? If it is standard, then how do you calculate the wattage for LED strips in various lengths?

Thanks... 

15 hours ago, W-L said:

The standard SMD5050 LED chip uses around 0.24W, there are 18 in the 120mm version and 21 for the 140mm. So it would consume approx. 5.04W (0.42A @12V).

https://www.hardwareasylum.com/reviews/modding/phanteks_halos

Thank you for the reply. So any SMD5050 LED chip branded or off branded will consume the same amount of Watts per LED(0.24W) right? Because as I mentioned in my original post, I'll be hooking up one Halos frame, one CM Universal LED strip and maximum two LED strips in to one RGB header. I have not yet decided to either go for the CableMod widebeams or a generic LED strip. I know the wattage of the widebeams but it's difficult to figure out the wattage of a generic SMD5050 LED strip. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this subject so all the help I'm getting is very valuable. :)

@W-L, you might remember this;

8 hours ago, blackd51th said:

Thank you for the reply. So any SMD5050 LED chip branded or off branded will consume the same amount of Watts per LED(0.24W) right? Because as I mentioned in my original post, I'll be hooking up one Halos frame, one CM Universal LED strip and maximum two LED strips in to one RGB header. I have not yet decided to either go for the CableMod widebeams or a generic LED strip. I know the wattage of the widebeams but it's difficult to figure out the wattage of a generic SMD5050 LED strip. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this subject so all the help I'm getting is very valuable. :)

@W-L, you might remember this;

You need to check the number of LED chips for the length of the strip to determine how much wattage the whole thing uses. The standard SMD5050 is approx 0.24W. As long as everything added up is less than the maximum you won’t have any problems. 

2 hours ago, W-L said:

You need to check the number of LED chips for the length of the strip to determine how much wattage the whole thing uses. The standard SMD5050 is approx 0.24W. As long as everything added up is less than the maximum you won’t have any problems. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5M-SMD-5050-RGB-Waterproof-60LEDs-M-Flexible-3M-Tape-Strip-Light-DC12V-DIY-Car/263389907439?hash=item3d534309ef%3Am%3AmEKZ2z_Pb4rhV1ivFChhjuQ&var=562402995334

I found that on eBay. The product description says that there are 60 LEDs per meter which means the wattage of one meter strip will be 14.4W(0.24W x 60)right??

3 hours ago, blackd51th said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5M-SMD-5050-RGB-Waterproof-60LEDs-M-Flexible-3M-Tape-Strip-Light-DC12V-DIY-Car/263389907439?hash=item3d534309ef%3Am%3AmEKZ2z_Pb4rhV1ivFChhjuQ&var=562402995334

I found that on eBay. The product description says that there are 60 LEDs per meter which means the wattage of one meter strip will be 14.4W(0.24W x 60)right??

Yes that would be correct, and it would be an amperage of 1.2A per meter. 

60LED/M * 0.24W= 14.4W

14.4W / 12V = 1.2A

8 hours ago, W-L said:

Yes that would be correct, and it would be an amperage of 1.2A per meter. 

60LED/M * 0.24W= 14.4W

14.4W / 12V = 1.2A

Finally!!! Got the math correct. :D:D

I have another question. I'm going to use a Cablemod Widebeam LED strip as the accent light strip in front of my CM Mastercase 6 Pro. I'm going to connect the strip to my RGB Header using a CM RGB Splitter cable. After looking at the front inside of the case I'm having the doubt whether I'll be able to pass the extension cable with the connector as there is very little room to work with. (https://proclockers.com/reviews/computer-cases/cooler-master-mastercase-pro-6-mid-tower-computer-case-review/page/0/3) I would like to know is there anything I can do to sort this issue incase I don't have space. Maybe like get a RGB extension cable with a small or flat connector. If you know any product like that, can you share please...

Thanks.. :)