Whiteboard session for a Job Interview - IT Support Engineer

Obsiddian

Hey all,

I'm having a job interview at a tech company this thursday for an IT Support Engineer slot.

I just saw the schedule that they sent me and there's a 2h whiteboard session with one of the crew.

I know what's a whiteboard sessions for developers but for an IT support, what should I expect?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

they will give you a problem like wrong dns confif and you have to diagnose and solve an issue 

50 minutes ago, Obsiddian said:

Hey all,

I'm having a job interview at a tech company this thursday for an IT Support Engineer slot.

I just saw the schedule that they sent me and there's a 2h whiteboard session with one of the crew.

I know what's a whiteboard sessions for developers but for an IT support, what should I expect?

Cheers and thanks in advance,

low level interviews like this are bullshit, they will ask some stupid questions about windows, office, mail configuration, basic troubleshooting, if you know basics and you are not retarded you will be fine

1 hour ago, wojtepanik said:

they will give you a problem like wrong dns confif and you have to diagnose and solve an issue 

2h for this its a little strange right?

Maybe something like. App workflows. Network diagrams. Raid differences ? Everything that could drawn on whiteboard?

1 hour ago, Obsiddian said:

2h for this its a little strange right?

Maybe something like. App workflows. Network diagrams. Raid differences ? Everything that could drawn on whiteboard?

I don't think so, no one cares about raid differnces, your job will be to support employees, so basic windows stuff, maybe some practice test, 2h for whole interview is too much, maybe an error

• 2 weeks later...