looking for music making software/DAW

hey, I've been kinda interested in making edm ( electronic dance music ) music however I don't have a lot to spend on an software/DAW, does anyone no anything that I could start using that is free or cheap ( around 30 USD )?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

You can always use the trial versions of various DAWs, because your not going to find anything worthwhile for $30.

The cheapest DAW I would recommend is Reaper, but that's $60.

Also, just installing a DAW isn't necessarily going to give you the necessary tools to create EDM. You might want some hardware (controllers and mixers of various kinds) and plug-ins to use in the DAW. And non of those are free (at least the good ones aren't, as a general rule).

Just screwing around in a basic DAW will yield some very generic sounding results.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I have used LMMS a tiny bit and it seemed to work okay, it kinda tries to clone the FL Studio experience.

If you just want to put something together it might work, but I have found some bugs in the software over using it for two weeks or so. It's free though, so might as well give it a try.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

What operating system are you on? If Mac, use GarageBand. When you’re really good at it, buy “Logic Pro.” 

As for Windows, many like Fruity Loops & mixcraft. 

I like “reaper” reaper.fm is the link. It doesn’t come with any instruments so you can download free “VST.” Most “good” software is like 300-1000 USD. I bought Cubase artist & don’t know how to use it but... I have it. Pro tools is a 600 dollar program that’s quite popular. 

I have difficulty recommending DAW on windows as I have had little success with... being able to actually open and use the programs... /rant. 

Completely unrelated, but this song is stuck in my head... “do what you want cuz a pirate is free. You are a pirate!”