Is a Ryzen 3 2200G worth upgraded later on?

Hey guys!

My girlfriend has managed to collect some money for her new gaming PC, but I can't quite force her mind to wait a few months with buying it, because of the RAM and GPU prices.

She would use her PC for light gaming, with games such as League of Legends.

I was planning to assemble a configuration with a Pentium G4560 and a GTX 1050, but I've just learned that the Ryzen 3 2200G has a decent integrated GPU, which could potentially run the games that she enjoys.

As much as she likes pretty stuff, she told me that it's not a problem for her, if she can't max out each and every setting in a game, and she also has a pretty old display, so she would plan on playing at around 720p for now.

So, my question is, is it worth it to get a Ryzen 3 2200G now, without a GPU, and spend that extra money on a bit more, or beefier RAM, and maybe an SSD, and upgrade the system with a GPU later on (something along the lines of a 1050 probably, but feel free to recommend something better around the same pricetag), or should we plan on getting the whole package at once?

Thank you for your replies in advance :)

720p would be prefect on 2200g. I have one that runs pubg at 1080p 45fps. Overall cost wouldn’t over $500. BTW GTX1050 isn’t a good one. I wouldn’t buy a used gtx 970 instead

Yeah the Ryzen 3 2200G is good. It's nowhere near the bad AMD APUs from the past. It's basically a real Ryzen 3 with a decent onboard graphics. It's only about ~8% slower than the i3-8100 making it a really good value since it's actually a bit cheaper than the i3.  It would be best paired with a GTX 1060 later on

Thank you very much guys!

Also, I've heard that the Ryzen 3 quite enjoys a high-frequency memory, so would the one mentioned above be sufficient, or should I aim for something even higher frequency?

Furthermore, could you guys recommend a motherboard that wouldn't break the bank, but is usable?

I do not need to go through the hassle of using a Ryzen 5 to flash the BIOS, I'm asking for an assembly at the store I'm buying the PC at.

28 minutes ago, Alexkiss21 said:

Also, I've heard that the Ryzen 3 quite enjoys a high-frequency memory, so would the one mentioned above be sufficient, or should I aim for something even higher frequency?

Furthermore, could you guys recommend a motherboard that wouldn't break the bank, but is usable?

I do not need to go through the hassle of using a Ryzen 5 to flash the BIOS, I'm asking for an assembly at the store I'm buying the PC at.

DDR4-2666 would be the bare minimum, but I'd recommend grabbing DDR4-3000 or 3200 if you can. Faster is useless considering the premium.

Asrock AB350 Pro4 and its MicroATX brother the AB350M Pro4 are great boards for the price ($70). There's also a budget version, the AB350M (no ATX flavor, just micro) which is $50 ish. Wouldn't recommend upgrading beyond a Ryzen 5 on that kind of board. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

32 minutes ago, Alexkiss21 said:

Any APU setup likes the fastest memory possible for GPU-intensive games. So Dual-channel is something of a must on the G-series. So even a 4 Gb x2 setup is fine. 2666 at minimum, though 2933/3000 is the sweet spot, technically. If you spend a little time OC'ing/sub-timing tuning the memory, it performs even better. (This is actually true of Intel systems as well, just no one talks about it.)

If you can get the bios updated, if it needs it, any of the B350 boards will do fine. Same with the B450 boards out in a few weeks.

GPU prices have started to return to normal, as the RX 580 started showing up cheaper than the 1060 6 Gb this week. RAM has dropped a little, so it's a better time to buy than it has been in months.

41 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

DDR4-2666 would be the bare minimum, but I'd recommend grabbing DDR4-3000 or 3200 if you can. Faster is useless considering the premium.

Asrock AB350 Pro4 and its MicroATX brother the AB350M Pro4 are great boards for the price ($70). There's also a budget version, the AB350M (no ATX flavor, just micro) which is $50 ish. Wouldn't recommend upgrading beyond a Ryzen 5 on that kind of board. 

So what would you think about a setup like this?

vg.PNG

2 minutes ago, Alexkiss21 said:

That PSU is considered a fire hazard. Pick something a bit better. A Corsair CX450M would be a perfect match. Otherwise good.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

That PSU is considered a fire hazard. Pick something a bit better. A Corsair CX450M would be a perfect match. Otherwise good.

Nah don't worry, one thing I've learned about building PCs is that you wouldn't want to cheap out on a PSU.

FSP produces great power supplies, (they are German afterall :D) but I'll check whether the Corsair one is available here.

yes at 720p the integrated Graphics on the 2200G won't struggle much, especially since she wouldn't max out any settings and only plays League of Legends

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

31 minutes ago, Alexkiss21 said:

Nah don't worry, one thing I've learned about building PCs is that you wouldn't want to cheap out on a PSU.

FSP produces great power supplies, (they are German afterall :D) but I'll check whether the Corsair one is available here.

FSP makes crappy PSUs as well as good ones, don't be fooled ;) 

The Hexa series is Tier 7.

2 hours ago, Alexkiss21 said:

vg.PNG

The motherboard is good, but it's expensive for a Ryzen 3 system. Do you have something there that has lower price, but with B350 chipset and 4 DIMM slots as well?

The RAM is expensive too, and it's single channel only. Make sure to get a dual channel RAM to utilize the onboard graphics.

The PSU chosen here is not good. Kindly send us the list of PSUs you can get there and we'll help you choose 

4 hours ago, Alexkiss21 said:

Hey guys!

My girlfriend has managed to collect some money for her new gaming PC, but I can't quite force her mind to wait a few months with buying it, because of the RAM and GPU prices.

She would use her PC for light gaming, with games such as League of Legends.

I was planning to assemble a configuration with a Pentium G4560 and a GTX 1050, but I've just learned that the Ryzen 3 2200G has a decent integrated GPU, which could potentially run the games that she enjoys.

As much as she likes pretty stuff, she told me that it's not a problem for her, if she can't max out each and every setting in a game, and she also has a pretty old display, so she would plan on playing at around 720p for now.

So, my question is, is it worth it to get a Ryzen 3 2200G now, without a GPU, and spend that extra money on a bit more, or beefier RAM, and maybe an SSD, and upgrade the system with a GPU later on (something along the lines of a 1050 probably, but feel free to recommend something better around the same pricetag), or should we plan on getting the whole package at once?

Thank you for your replies in advance :)

Also to consider when choosing ram is that the 2200G uses system ram exclusively for the GPU you can allocate that in the bios I believe

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

@mrbilky @forregacc02 @NelizMastr

If you guys have spare time on your hands, may I ask you guys to help me assemble a config at the shop I'm planning to buy the PC at?

If so, please let me know if you have some troubles with the site.

Besides the restrictions that my girlfriend has made about the graphics and such, I would ask you guys to stay below 150000, which would roughly be equal to $530 USD. (One USD is equal to 279 HUF, so feel free to make fun of me because of the prices here, with that knowledge)

Oh, and futhermore, if you are willing to help me, the site may contain some elements which aren't translated to English, but the most important stuff should be. Anyways, feel free to ask about something if it's not clear)

https://iponcomp.com/

:)