Logitech g512 vs g513

OGH2020

Fairly simple question. Is there a difference between the two keyboards other than the $50 price premium and the wrist rest on the g513?

Thanks,

Owen

The G513 comes with the aformentioned wrist rest, some extra keycaps, a tool for removing the keycaps, and the G513 is available in Cherry MX Blue, as well as in Romer-G.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

1 minute ago, bellabichon said:

The G513 comes with the aformentioned wrist rest, some extra keycaps, a tool for removing the keycaps, and the G513 is available in Cherry MX Blue, as well as in Romer-G.

Are you referring to the new announcement of the GX Blue switches? Also, can't you just buy those keycaps seperately. And for gaming and typing on the same keyboard, would you suggest linear of tactile?

Thanks

1 minute ago, OGH2020 said:

Are you referring to the new announcement of the GX Blue switches? Also, can't you just buy those keycaps seperately. And for gaming and typing on the same keyboard, would you suggest linear of tactile?

Thanks

Oops! My bad, yes. I was referring to that. In my opinion, linear keycaps are harder to get used to, so I would go with tactile.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

4 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Oops! My bad, yes. I was referring to that. In my opinion, linear keycaps are harder to get used to, so I would go with tactile.

No problem! I've never had a mecha keyboard, so that seems like a good place to start.

8 minutes ago, OGH2020 said:

No problem! I've never had a mecha keyboard, so that seems like a good place to start.

Trust me. When you switch to mechanical, you'll never want to go back. After I switched to a mechanical keyboard, all other keyboards feel squishy and gross.

Main PC:

Peripherals/Other:

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2018 at 12:57 PM, bellabichon said:

Well, it's the G512 that I believe only comes with GX Blues or standard Romer-G switches... And the G513 only comes with standard Romer-G switches and their new Linear Romer-G switches.

• 3 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 3:57 AM, bellabichon said:

Am I able to get the wrist rest sperately because I have the g512 and I would love to have the g513 wrist rest