144Hz vs ultrawide

I know ultra wide will be more immersive for games as it takes up more field of view but 144Hz looks better in its own way.

Mostly I am comparing these 2 monitors to buy https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025212 and https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB7176894

I know one is ips but that doesn't mean its better because there are different back light qualities? Isn't VA still good?

Also how nice is the curvature of the small one?

The regular sized panel is non glossy but the ultrawide is reflective: is this a big difference?

FYI I mostly play games and have a 1060 3gb with ryzen 3, 1300x.

Thanks!

I have the LG ultrawide you linked. I'd say it really depends on your desk and how much space you have on it. At home my desk is very small, so the monitor is more than enough. However, I have the same one at work with a big desk and for productive work it really is too small. If I was to buy a monitor again, id go for  non ultrawide 27-32 inch 1080p.

EDIT:
Yes the ultrawide is cheap and great quality, totally worth the price. As for 144hz, the 3gb 1060 will not run games at that much FPS. Unless you're planning to play shooters like csgo there is no point going 144hz with that GPU.

23 minutes ago, proffesorClean said:

I know ultra wide will be more immersive for games as it takes up more field of view but 144Hz looks better in its own way.

Mostly I am comparing these 2 monitors to buy https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824025212 and https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB7176894

I know one is ips but that doesn't mean its better because there are different back light qualities? Isn't VA still good?

The regular sized panel is non glossy but the ultrawide is reflective: is this a big difference?

FYI I mostly play games and have a 1060 3gb with ryzen 3, 1300x.

Thanks!

Go with the 144hz if you are planning to game, it's very smooth and a must in 2018. Ultra wide monitors are also terrible if you watch a good amount of youtube videos, the black bars on the side are very irritating. I switched from an ultra wide to a 144hz panel, don't make the same mistake i made. 

31 minutes ago, BobNoMonitor said:

I have the LG ultrawide you linked. I'd say it really depends on your desk and how much space you have on it. At home my desk is very small, so the monitor is more than enough. However, I have the same one at work with a big desk and for productive work it really is too small. If I was to buy a monitor again, id go for  non ultrawide 27-32 inch 1080p.

EDIT:
Yes the ultrawide is cheap and great quality, totally worth the price. As for 144hz, the 3gb 1060 will not run games at that much FPS. Unless you're planning to play shooters like csgo there is no point going 144hz with that GPU.

you don't really need 144 fps to feel 144hz effect tho....

3 hours ago, proffesorClean said:

The way I understand this: VA will have better blacks but worse viewing angle and possible color saturation. IPS will have worse blacks but better viewing angles and color saturation.

Both are LED panels so they both have the same potential for backlight bleed.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Thanks for the advice. I probably should have mentioned that I don't plan to 144Hz in all games, just e sports games. Other games such as skyrim I will go graphics over fps targeting 50-60.

15 hours ago, proffesorClean said:

Thanks for the advice. I probably should have mentioned that I don't plan to 144Hz in all games, just e sports games. Other games such as skyrim I will go graphics over fps targeting 50-60.

I currently have a 29" Ultrawide, honestly i wouldnt get a ultrawide any smaller than this. I am currently looking for a 144hz monitor to upgrade to tho

144hz > all , over 1440p over ultrawide ... better to have all but if I had to pick it will be Hz>1440p(from 27' screen)>ultrawide 

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.