Projector Connectivity

Hello everyone, I have a ceiling mounted projector in a large  gathering room. We have a dedicated Audio/Video booth at the back of the room. The projector currently is connected via an old S-Video cable, through an S-Video to VGA connector, to the laptop. I would like to upgrade this cable to HDMI. The run is about 80-100 feet. What would be the best way to get the HDMI run? Will I need boosters? Is there a better way than HDMI? Thank you for the help!

There are 100ft fiber optic hdmi cables that would fit the bill considering that everything should be static and be cheaper than going ethernet or wireless. They run $120-160 from what I have seen.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

• 2 weeks later...

There is a network switch about 35 feet from the projector. would it work better just to connect it to that? I have never used a network projector.

HDMI to SDI but that gets expensive quickly, but that can do a decent distance.

On 6/1/2018 at 9:19 AM, TheHel1x said:

Hello everyone, I have a ceiling mounted projector in a large  gathering room. We have a dedicated Audio/Video booth at the back of the room. The projector currently is connected via an old S-Video cable, through an S-Video to VGA connector, to the laptop. I would like to upgrade this cable to HDMI. The run is about 80-100 feet. What would be the best way to get the HDMI run? Will I need boosters? Is there a better way than HDMI? Thank you for the help!

First question: What is the model of projector?

Does the projector itself have HDMI? DVI? DisplayPort?

Because if the answer is no, then why do you want to swap the cable from VGA to HDMI? You'd be down converting from HDMI to S-Video still.

For 80-100 feet, you'll need an active HDMI cable that has built in signal boosters.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)