Help Corsair h100i V2 aio liquid cooler.

Go to solution Solved by aezakmi,
1 hour ago, Frank Cisco said:

It stops because if the temp of the CPU is below some number , I really don't know what determines it , I just runned the qfan utility that the bios has,it stops , and when I'm gaming, it turns on . Also if the CPU gets hotter no matter if I set them static RPM, they rev up to the max to cold everything,MoBo , CPU, GPU. 

so you're still in auto mode, switch to manual to override any mess caused by these utilities, manufacturers just add that kind of stuff to have something to brag about and also increase board price

Hi everybody, this is my first build with a cooling system , and after reading and testing I'm not able to get the most out of my rad and the fans . 

I have a Corsair crystal 460 case. Inside an Asus Mobo, ( rog z370f- gaming) , core i7 8700k. 

At the front I have the rad and 3 cooler master air balance rgb fans as intake, the rad is behind the fans, the other 2 fans that come with the pump, 1 is at the rear, and other on the top.

The pump is connected to the aio_header , the top fan is connected to cpu header , the ones on the front , the top one is on cpu_opt, the middle one in cha_fan1, the bottom one is one m2 header. And the rear one is in  cha_fan2 .

My question is which headers do I connect the fans and pump in order to have a nice air flow and the pump working as intended. Do I need to reconnect the fans to the power cable that comes out from the pump block? Or do I connect them to the mobo?

My mobo has the aio_pump header but I've read that I can connect it to cpu_fan and the rest of the fans to the nearest headers. What is the best configuration using the qfan option in the bios , and also do I need to configure just one program to control the fans or both?? I'm talking about the Corsair link and fan xpert 4.  Also I'm not sure where to use pwm mode and dc mode. Thanks and sorry for too many questions. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Cisco said:

At the front I have the rad and 3 cooler master air balance rgb fans as intake, the rad is behind the fans, the other 2 fans that come with the pump, 1 is at the rear, and other on the top.

I'm not sure what you mean here unfortunately.

I'd put the rad in the top as intake.

Plug the fans that come with the AIO to the fan headers on the pump block and control them via the Corsair Link software.

Most PCs won't boot unless there is an actual fan in the CPU_FAN slot, which is why there is a cpu fan cable with the AIO. It's basically a dummy, because you control the AIO via Corsair Link over an internal USB 2.0 header.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Connect the cooler fans to the pump if you want them to react to liquid temps or if you want to use Corsair Link to control them instead of the Fan Xpert. Only use one or the other for controlling fans.

Any of the fan headers are fine. You can choose what kind of fan curves each header follows in the motherboard settings. 

If the fan being used is 4pin pwm, use the pwm setting. If 2-3pin, use dc. By default, it's set to auto which should auto-detect the correct setting. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, chckovsky said:

I'm not sure what you mean here unfortunately.

I'd put the rad in the top as intake.

Plug the fans that come with the AIO to the fan headers on the pump block and control them via the Corsair Link software.

Most PCs won't boot unless there is an actual fan in the CPU_FAN slot, which is why there is a cpu fan cable with the AIO. It's basically a dummy, because you control the AIO via Corsair Link over an internal USB 2.0 header.

What I meant is this , I hope the picture helps , I can't put the rad on the top because there's no room for it , the ram touches it. 

DSC_0206.JPG

Sorry , I forgot to mention something, what I want to achieve is a good CPU temp, and silent fans , the cooler master ones ( the ones I have in the front panel of the case ) are very silent, even at max rpm , the Corsair ones ( that came with the pump) , are very loud , even if I set manually the rpm on fan xpert at 1500, when the CPU gets hotter they jump all the way to 100% 

So yes , I need help and advice on how is the best way to connect everything, and getting the desired results, nice cooling and silent fans. Thanks. 

Definately connect it up in the factory default way (cpu_fan only) and then use Corsair link to set fan curve. Just make sure the thing is plugged in with USB so you get the fan data/control. 

On 5/18/2018 at 8:23 PM, Frank Cisco said:

Sorry , I forgot to mention something, what I want to achieve is a good CPU temp, and silent fans , the cooler master ones ( the ones I have in the front panel of the case ) are very silent, even at max rpm , the Corsair ones ( that came with the pump) , are very loud , even if I set manually the rpm on fan xpert at 1500, when the CPU gets hotter they jump all the way to 100% 

Most fans are noisy at 1500rpm. You should be aiming for lower if you want low noise. 

What are your load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

5 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Most fans are noisy at 1500rpm. You should be aiming for lower if you want low noise. 

What are your load temps?

look at this pics: 

BTW I changed the connections of the fans , tell me if I did something wrong. 

The ones that are on the front , ( the 3 cooler master fans ), the top one and the middle one , are connected to cpu_fan and cpu_opt , the third one , the one at the bottom, is connected to the m.2 header. 

The ones that came with the pump, I put one in the top of the case and one in the rear, the top one is connected to cha_fan1 , and the rear one to cha_fan2.

Also, I got two generic 120mm fans with 3 pin connector, and put them behind the rad and power them by using the power cable that comes out of the pump. So ,I have 3 fans at the front as intake ,then the rad behind them , and behind the rad the 2 generic fans I told as intake too. Should I remove them ???

All fans where auto detected using Qfan in the bios , and used the wizard to auto optimize them , all are in pwm mode . After that I used fan xpert to identify them. 

Any suggestions??

Sin título.png

Sin título2.png

On 5/22/2018 at 5:26 PM, Frank Cisco said:

Also, I got two generic 120mm fans with 3 pin connector, and put them behind the rad and power them by using the power cable that comes out of the pump

You need 4pin pwm fans for pwm control. 3pin fans receiving a pwm signal run at 100% rpm.

You should plug 3pin fans into the motherboard and set those headers to pwm instead of plugging them into the pump fan splitter. The rest of the fans can be plugged into any of the motherboard fan headers or the pump fan splitter.

Connect the fans directly to the mobo headers, go into BIOS and set the ones that push air through the rad to ~800 RPM and the other one to 550

For exhaust use only the top or the rear fan, not both at the same time

behind the rad the 2 generic fans I told as intake too. Should I remove them ???

YES

A correctly installed AIO doesn't needs a "fan curve" at all :)

You don't need auto config, software (the less control soft you have installed the better) or wizards to mount a couple of fans, do everything manually and you'll be having a perfectly cooled rig.

ps- is that table/desk stable? doesn't looks like it can hold a case of that weight and measures at all.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 23/5/2018 at 9:09 PM, aezakmi said:

Connect the fans directly to the mobo headers, go into BIOS and set the ones that push air through the rad to ~800 RPM and the other one to 550

For exhaust use only the top or the rear fan, not both at the same time

YES

A correctly installed AIO doesn't needs a "fan curve" at all :)

You don't need auto config, software (the less control soft you have installed the better) or wizards to mount a couple of fans, do everything manually and you'll be having a perfectly cooled rig.

ps- is that table/desk stable? doesn't looks like it can hold a case of that weight and measures at all.

yes its stable, its a wooden desktop in L form,well,then i guess i will remove the 3 pin fans,that are behind the radiator,and disconnect them from the power supply of the pump,remove corsair link and fan xpert,set them up as you said in the bios, and the 2 fans that are working as exhaust,which one do you recommend me to put as intake?, or do i use inly 1 ? Thanks.

15 hours ago, Frank Cisco said:

yes its stable, its a wooden desktop in L form,well,then i guess i will remove the 3 pin fans,that are behind the radiator,and disconnect them from the power supply of the pump,remove corsair link and fan xpert,set them up as you said in the bios, and the 2 fans that are working as exhaust,which one do you recommend me to put as intake?, or do i use inly 1 ? Thanks.

Hi, that's correct, remove fans behind the rad (you don't need push-pull config if you're not ocing to 4.8+)

and use only one fan as exhaust, remove the top fan and keep the rear

you should use AIDA to monitor temps, voltages and fan RPM just in case, it doesn't has to be always running

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 25/5/2018 at 1:13 PM, aezakmi said:

Hi, that's correct, remove fans behind the rad (you don't need push-pull config if you're not ocing to 4.8+)

and use only one fan as exhaust, remove the top fan and keep the rear

you should use AIDA to monitor temps, voltages and fan RPM just in case, it doesn't has to be always running

Ok,got it , just one final question, when one of the rgb fans stops , it also turs off the LED, how do I leave the LED on and the fan off???

2 hours ago, Frank Cisco said:

Ok,got it , just one final question, when one of the rgb fans stops , it also turs off the LED, how do I leave the LED on and the fan off???

why does the fan stops?

it shouldn't, unless you turn it off on purpose of course

anyway, RGB fans are out of my league but I don't think there's a way to turn on/off only the LEDs since those and the DC motor are in the same circuit in most fans

11 hours ago, aezakmi said:

why does the fan stops?

it shouldn't, unless you turn it off on purpose of course

anyway, RGB fans are out of my league but I don't think there's a way to turn on/off only the LEDs since those and the DC motor are in the same circuit in most fans

It stops because if the temp of the CPU is below some number , I really don't know what determines it , I just runned the qfan utility that the bios has,it stops , and when I'm gaming, it turns on . Also if the CPU gets hotter no matter if I set them static RPM, they rev up to the max to cold everything,MoBo , CPU, GPU. 

1 hour ago, Frank Cisco said:

so you're still in auto mode, switch to manual to override any mess caused by these utilities, manufacturers just add that kind of stuff to have something to brag about and also increase board price

3 hours ago, aezakmi said:

i see man,thanks, i really appreciate your time in giving me advice. This Topic is solved.