.....RGB Logitech G710+....

airitech2

Hello, I'm going to start this off with saying that i'm sure everybody who reads this will think that I am crazy. Well I kind of am. 

I'm the type of person that has to have every single one of his peripherals the same brand. Logitech has been my go to, I have a G703, Custom XL Logitech Mouse pad with the Powerplay System, a G710+, and G933's. 

I have tried on countless occasions to like the new Romer G switches but I absolutely hate them. I cant stand them, and my favorite all time switch is the Cherry MX Brown, which the G710+ has. The overall look and design of this keyboard is just fantastic and I love it. There's just one problem, its not RGB. Where all of my other peripherals are RGB this one is not. 

So, I am going to assume that this is impossible, but I have to ask. Is there any way I can make this keyboard RGB? Now i've owned three G710+ and opened up the other two and replaced the switches with Cherry MX Fast and on another Occasion Cherry MX Red's. Soldering is not the problem, I just my question is, is it as simple as installed RGB lights and maybe somehow fooling Logitech software into thinking that it is a different keyboard, or is there any other method. Basically just asking if anybody has any ideas. Again, Im assuming its impossible and can never be done, and if thats the case than oh well.

Thanks

-Airitech

The real question is how far are you willing to go? To make it RGB, you will likely need to bypass the software, and also solder on new RGB Switches, IF the keyboard even lets you use them, as I know there are backlights but it may not work. For this, I'm sorry but the only way is to get a new keyboard if you still want MX Browns.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?