Which radiator to buy?

Yeah. Im thinking of doing a custom loop. I cirrently have a h500p mesh case which can support up to a 360mm rad thats 55mm thick, but since it has an arcrylic top, i wouldnt be so keen on going that big.

Anyways, whats a good radiator manufacturer/product? I havent managed to find much, aside from EK and hardware labs. I want to do extensive research before paying for a radiator. 

Also im using a gtx 1080ti and a ryzen 2700x

I would recommend you checking out performance PCS selection of radiators. They would be my go to source for parts with water cooling. But you have brands like EK, Alphacool, Primochill etc.. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I'm fond of Alphacool NexXxos MOnsta rads personaly, but at ~80mm thick for your specific case and lcoation it wouldnt work. They do 'normal' thickness rads but at the point Hardware labs rads are usualy praised the most along with EK.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I’d do alpha cool for 120mm fans. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

5 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

I would recommend you checking out performance PCS selection of radiators. They would be my go to source for parts with water cooling. But you have brands like EK, Alphacool, Primochill etc.. 

3 hours ago, Dschijn said:

Low to mid rpm? HW Labs GTS

Yeah, i was lookibg at both the gts and a primochill eximosx. Which one do you guys believe is better?

6 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Thanks for the mention Skiiwee29! 

As for extensive research... this is my main source of info for choosing a radiator... http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/11/radiator-round-2015/ 

12 minutes ago, LoganTNZ said:

Yeah, i was lookibg at both the gts and a primochill eximosx. Which one do you guys believe is better?

Personally I always prefer HW Labs for their silence optimized radiators. You get a ton of performance even while running low speed fans. 

3 minutes ago, PPCs-Matt said:

Personally I always prefer HW Labs for their silence optimized radiators. You get a ton of performance even while running low speed fans. 

Alright, thanks :)

9 hours ago, PPCs-Matt said:

Welp, turns out they dont sell it in australia D:

2 hours ago, LoganTNZ said:

Welp, turns out they dont sell it in australia D:

Is there no retailer in Australia? Else the only manufacturer I know that ships to Australia is EKWB.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

1 hour ago, Limecat86 said:

Is there no retailer in Australia? Else the only manufacturer I know that ships to Australia is EKWB.

All weve got here is EK and thermaltake

Im sure the shipping will be fine though. Its only 30 aud

A EK 360 PE will be perfectly fine. Only if you want "the best" and 1-2°C better water temperatures you can get another brand.

Doesn’t flow well, air wise. I’d go as wide as you could if going with Ek.

i quit using my pe rad. Could barely use it with push and pull. Air slows down way to much for me. Could be fine if I used it as Exhaust though. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

On 5/13/2018 at 9:47 AM, LoganTNZ said:

Yeah. Im thinking of doing a custom loop. I cirrently have a h500p mesh case which can support up to a 360mm rad thats 55mm thick, but since it has an arcrylic top, i wouldnt be so keen on going that big.

Anyways, whats a good radiator manufacturer/product? I havent managed to find much, aside from EK and hardware labs. I want to do extensive research before paying for a radiator. 

Also im using a gtx 1080ti and a ryzen 2700x

Depends what you can fit and what you can afford. Most rads (EK, Alphacool, etc.) will give you the same performance and reliablility. For a smokey 1080ti and a sizzling, modern ryzen chip (two of the hottest products on the market, no joke) I would opt for something more than a dual radiator. A triple or two dual's would be good. The cooling really does depend on the surface area you have, so just get what you can afford. Also, make sure it fits in your case and that you know what it's made of so you're not mixing metals and corroding the system!