Caselabs, Case's question?

MzCatieB

Haha, it's pretty big. The 900D is still bigger I think which is too much for me.

if i ever use a 900D it will be using Duel Xeon's and a mountain of RAM and GPU's

Character artist in the Games industry.

if i ever use a 900D it will be using Duel Xeon's and a mountain of RAM and GPU's

That's basically what that's for. The SM8 is bigger with the add on pedal stool I believe.

I'm gonna be doing acrylic tubing in my SM8 in the next week or two. Might have to show you some pictures to show you how it turns out.

Not sure this will help you but if you needed to pickup some parts this might help you http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/94094-8-off-orders-of-250-or-more-at-performance-pcs/#entry1266977

Might save you some money since you plan on buying a lot of stuff. Don't know what shipping would be but I figured it might be worth a try. 

Not sure this will help you but if you needed to pickup some parts this might help you http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/94094-8-off-orders-of-250-or-more-at-performance-pcs/#entry1266977

Might save you some money since you plan on buying a lot of stuff. Don't know what shipping would be but I figured it might be worth a try. 

I have Friends at AquaTuning for water cooling gear. (Benefits of having an Ex sponsor)

Im thinking of getting Corsair Dominators and Water cooling the Ram though. http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p13922_Alphacool-D-RAM-Cooler-X4--for-Corsair-Dominator--RAM----Acetal-Version.html

I know its stupid, but considering how much im spending on this, i might aswell water cool what i can xD

I have Friends at AquaTuning for water cooling gear. (Benefits of having an Ex sponsor)

Im thinking of getting Corsair Dominators and Water cooling the Ram though. http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p13922_Alphacool-D-RAM-Cooler-X4--for-Corsair-Dominator--RAM----Acetal-Version.html

I know its stupid, but considering how much im spending on this, i might aswell water cool what i can xD

Don't watercool the Dominator Platinums since that's a waste. Regular RAM is fine since it doesn't cost a fortune for a light bar. Not sure which ones you were gonna buy.

Personally, the clear acrylic blocks look a lot better, especially if you have them on everything and have colored fluid.

Since you got hookups I should've asked you for a hookup for parts lol. Just spent over $400 in a day for stuff for my rebuild. I really need to stop!

Don't watercool the Dominator Platinums since that's a waste. Regular RAM is fine since it doesn't cost a fortune for a light bar. Not sure which ones you were gonna buy.

Personally, the clear acrylic blocks look a lot better, especially if you have them on everything and have colored fluid.

Since you got hookups I should've asked you for a hookup for parts lol. Just spent over $400 in a day for stuff for my rebuild. I really need to stop!

My hookup is a friend at Aqua Tuning, and it only works within the UK.

Also the only RAM that is compatible with the motherboard seems to be Corsair Vengeance xD

My hookup is a friend at Aqua Tuning, and it only works within the UK.

Also the only RAM that is compatible with the motherboard seems to be Corsair Vengeance xD

Well I just bought some MDPC-x sleeving and that was over the pond lol. Doubt anyone can get it cheaper anyways so whatever!

Well I just bought some MDPC-x sleeving and that was over the pond lol. Doubt anyone can get it cheaper anyways so whatever!

ahhh.... i need to get my self some sleeving stuff for the cables in my build.

Im planning on getting the Corsair AX1200i, Should be easy to sleeve

ahhh.... i need to get my self some sleeving stuff for the cables in my build.

Im planning on getting the Corsair AX1200i, Should be easy to sleeve

I don't think there's anything easy about sleeving lol. Even people that do it all the time say it's hard! I guess we both shall find out soon enough. 

I don't think there's anything easy about sleeving lol. Even people that do it all the time say it's hard! I guess we both shall find out soon enough. 

I have done it before... its fun but tedious :P 

Also i have gotten together £260 for the case... should be able to get the rest of the money together next week..

Then its saving for the hardware xD

I have done it before... its fun but tedious :P

Also i have gotten together £260 for the case... should be able to get the rest of the money together next week..

Then its saving for the hardware xD

Well I guess I know who to ask for tips! Let me know what you think of the case when you get it. I know people have doubts about Caselabs, as did I, but it all changes once you get it!

Well I guess I know who to ask for tips! Let me know what you think of the case when you get it. I know people have doubts about Caselabs, as did I, but it all changes once you get it!

i will. i am still wondering about what to do with storage.

i will. i am still wondering about what to do with storage.

Like where you're gonna fit all the HDD's? Simple, if you don't have SSD's or don't need the mount just buy the HDD mount. I haven't checked them out too much but they should give you what you need. 

http://www.caselabs-store.com/drive-cages/

That should be exactly what you want!

Like where you're gonna fit all the HDD's? Simple, if you don't have SSD's or don't need the mount just buy the HDD mount. I haven't checked them out too much but they should give you what you need. 

http://www.caselabs-store.com/drive-cages/

That should be exactly what you want!

Im planning on getting WD Red's

How many?

Not sure, but i have to consider upgrade space

Not sure, but i have to consider upgrade space

Well if you ever need upgrade space there's this http://www.caselabs-store.com/sm8-pedestal-assembly/

Beats needing to buy a new case. 

If you're concerned with HDD mounts you might consider not using a front radiator and just doing one at the top and bottom. You can do a 60mm 120.4 in the roof and 80mm 120.2 in the bottom! That should be enough for CPU and possible 3 GPU's depending on the TDP. 

If you just get the HDD mounts for the Flex-bay you should have plenty of space for a ton of HDD's. You might even still be able to get a 120.2mm radiator in there!

Well if you ever need upgrade space there's this http://www.caselabs-store.com/sm8-pedestal-assembly/

Beats needing to buy a new case. 

If you're concerned with HDD mounts you might consider not using a front radiator and just doing one at the top and bottom. You can do a 60mm 120.4 in the roof and 80mm 120.2 in the bottom! That should be enough for CPU and possible 3 GPU's depending on the TDP. 

If you just get the HDD mounts for the Flex-bay you should have plenty of space for a ton of HDD's. You might even still be able to get a 120.2mm radiator in there!

I added a HDD cage Expansion kit to the list, im thinking i could maybe mount it on the bottom of the case and adjusted a few things on the case to bring costs down (Drop in radiator, Top panel .ext)

I added a HDD cage Expansion kit to the list, im thinking i could maybe mount it on the bottom of the case and adjusted a few things on the case to bring costs down (Drop in radiator, Top panel .ext)

The drop in radiator makes life easier so keep that in mind. I don't have one but I wish I did! You don't need it though and you can surely get by without it.  

This is probably what you'll want http://www.caselabs-store.com/flex-bay-hdd-cage-assy/

If you don't plan on having any optical drives or fan controllers you can get by perfectly using that and still be able to fit a dual (maybe triple) 120mm radiator in the front. Could do a triple if you didn't have a bottom radiator and dual if you do. 

The drop in radiator makes life easier so keep that in mind. I don't have one but I wish I did! You don't need it though and you can surely get by without it.  

This is probably what you'll want http://www.caselabs-store.com/flex-bay-hdd-cage-assy/

If you don't plan on having any optical drives or fan controllers you can get by perfectly using that and still be able to fit a dual (maybe triple) 120mm radiator in the front. Could do a triple if you didn't have a bottom radiator and dual if you do. 

i was thinking this: http://www.caselabs-store.com/hdd-cage-expansion-kit/

then just mounting on the bottom panel by utilizing the 120.4

i was thinking this: http://www.caselabs-store.com/hdd-cage-expansion-kit/

then just mounting on the bottom panel by utilizing the 120.4

That will work. You won't have room for anything bigger than a single 120.1 radiator down there so keep that in mind. If you go that route you can do a 120.3 in the front and 120.4 in the roof.

That will work. You won't have room for anything bigger than a single 120.1 radiator down there so keep that in mind. If you go that route you can do a 120.3 in the front and 120.4 in the roof.

That was the plan anyway, i considered the fact that i was going to be putting the computer on the carpet so having a bottom mounted rad woul just cause more issues, also front mounting a rad would give the case better cooling given that the top will have about 4" of clearance from my desk.

its airflow for the top but its not amazing airflow.

I am also stuck on if i should make the top in or out air flow.

In means i could be pulling in the hot air that gets pushed out the back. but out means im just pulling the slightly warmer air out rather than loop cycling the air.

That was the plan anyway, i considered the fact that i was going to be putting the computer on the carpet so having a bottom mounted rad woul just cause more issues, also front mounting a rad would give the case better cooling given that the top will have about 4" of clearance from my desk.

its airflow for the top but its not amazing airflow.

I am also stuck on if i should make the top in or out air flow.

In means i could be pulling in the hot air that gets pushed out the back. but out means im just pulling the slightly warmer air out rather than loop cycling the air.

You'll want the top radiator as exhaust. I've tried both in the SM8 and exhaust is far better,

Since you're sacrificing the bottom radiator I might suggest doing an 80mm thick radiator in the front. That should give you more than enough cooling for a CPU and 2-3 GPU's if you decide to do that. If you only plan on 1-2 GPU's and CPU you'll be fine with 60mm on both.

You'll want the top radiator as exhaust. I've tried both in the SM8 and exhaust is far better, Since you're sacrificing the bottom radiator I might suggest doing an 80mm thick radiator in the front. That should give you more than enough cooling for a CPU and 2-3 GPU's if you decide to do that. If you only plan on 1-2 GPU's and CPU you'll be fine with 60mm on both.

i need enough space between the rads to do what im thinking, the front isnt the issue, the top rad is.

I want to set it up so the in/out for both the rads are in the top front of the case, that way i can keep it as clean as possible. Reason why im getting the rads with the multiple in and out options

i need enough space between the rads to do what im thinking, the front isnt the issue, the top rad is.

I want to set it up so the in/out for both the rads are in the top front of the case, that way i can keep it as clean as possible. Reason why im getting the rads with the multiple in and out options

You can do that if you don't have anything in the top front flex-bay. Even with a thinner radiator you'll have issues if you have something in the top flex-bay. Since you won't have a bottom radiator you can put the front radiator starting at the very bottom flex bay. You'd have around 55mm of free space at the top open which should give you enough space to run tubing to the top right ports. If you don't want to cut it close just stick with a 240mm in the front and then you won't have to worry about it and can most likely have something like a single bay fan controller in there as well.