System Stability Testing?

I just build my friend a brand new PC. with a i5 8400 and 8GB of ram, 1 256GB SSD and 1 TB of HDD. (+ monitor)

What kind of stability testing do I need to do before I hand it off to him? 

I never did any sort of testing myself when I was building my pc... i just straight up using it. 

I know that there are tests for GPU's stability, called furmark or something. but he is only using a iGPU , how do I test and make sure that the HDD and SSD and CPU are good to go? 

Do I need to run the test overnight? IF so, will I burn his PC? 

Please be as elaborate as possible when it comes to this. 

Thanks in advance. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

3 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

called furmark or something.

FurMark is not a stability test, it is a kill your GPU for fun software.

If you build it correctly and it is booting Windows apparently just fine I honest see no greater need than just do a couple Cinebench runs and checking if its temperatures are fine and the scores align which what you'd expect from the CPU.

After all it is a locked processor, no need to crack your mind open with assuring its stability, Intel kinda already did it for you on locked systems, you just need to ensure all was assembled correctly.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

25 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

35 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I know that there are tests for GPU's stability, called furmark or something. but he is only using a iGPU , how do I test and make sure that the HDD and SSD and CPU are good to go? 

Do I need to run the test overnight? IF so, will I burn his PC? 

I would also recommend AIDA64. Just run it for 20-30 min and see if temperatures are fine and system still runs etc... you can also test the HDD and SDD if you'd like but if they are new there isn't really a need for it.

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

FurMark is not a stability test, it is a kill your GPU for fun software.

If you build it correctly and it is booting Windows apparently just fine I honest see no greater need than just do a couple Cinebench runs and checking if its temperatures are fine and the scores align which what you'd expect from the CPU.

After all it is a locked processor, no need to crack your mind open with assuring its stability, Intel kinda already did it for you on locked systems, you just need to ensure all was assembled correctly.

48 minutes ago, Zandvliet said:

I would also recommend AIDA64. Just run it for 20-30 min and see if temperatures are fine and system still runs etc... you can also test the HDD and SDD if you'd like but if they are new there isn't really a need for it.

when I was running cinebench and aida 64, what kind of software do I need to use in order to monitor temps of CPUs and such?

CPUZ???? or ???

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

6 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

?

I personally use MSi Afterburner :P

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

when I was running cinebench and aida 64, what kind of software do I need to use in order to monitor temps of CPUs and such?

CPUZ???? or ???

AIDA64 itself has a tool to monitor temps. There is quite a lot of information on AIDA64, so it might take some time to figure it out. I'd suggest you look at some tutorials. 

"To the wise, life is a problem; to the fool, a solution" (Marcus Aurelius)