First loop and some strange white build up.

So I got my first loop together and got some weird white dots in my resevoir.

I only used part 1 of blitz and I think i made the mistake of just using the fluid instantly without a distilled water fill before.

Of course I did the 4/5 rinse of the radiators and tested the PH.

What do you suggest?

20180409_210257.jpg

Sometimes my temps also instantly jump from like 50 to 60

Quote or mention me if not feel ignored 

1 hour ago, Cruorzy said:

-SNIP-

Hard to say what those white spots are but possible they could be minerals from the tap water if you didn't give it a couple of distilled water rinses before assembly. I would test the PH of your fluid just to make sure nothing is left of the Blitz part 1, most fluids should be slightly basic around a PH of 7-8.

I got this from another thread : 

That tubing you use (I also do) has a tendency to excrete a white substance, that I think is plasticizer which is what gives them some flex, after a while of being in the loop.
If its not too much effort, drain the loop and examine the inside of your tubing. For me, there is a white buildup that you can scrape off.

Its harmless as far as I know.

I7 7700K @5.0ghz, Asus Z270-P, Corsair H115i, hyperX 16gb, Asus duel 1070, Nzxt H440

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZTsYD8

14 hours ago, Brett_Bst said:

I got this from another thread : 

That tubing you use (I also do) has a tendency to excrete a white substance, that I think is plasticizer which is what gives them some flex, after a while of being in the loop.
If its not too much effort, drain the loop and examine the inside of your tubing. For me, there is a white buildup that you can scrape off.

Its harmless as far as I know.

16 hours ago, W-L said:

Hard to say what those white spots are but possible they could be minerals from the tap water if you didn't give it a couple of distilled water rinses before assembly. I would test the PH of your fluid just to make sure nothing is left of the Blitz part 1, most fluids should be slightly basic around a PH of 7-8.

Haven't found a "easy" way yet to drain this loop. the first time was hell so probably run for a while till i find the time to do it.

2 hours ago, Cruorzy said:

Haven't found a "easy" way yet to drain this loop. the first time was hell so probably run for a while till i find the time to do it.

Probably the easiest would be to lay the system flat and attach a section of soft tubing to the top ports of the res, run it out of the case and use that to remove as much fluid as possible by moving the system around.

On 09/04/2018 at 9:27 PM, Cruorzy said:

So I got my first loop together and got some weird white dots in my resevoir.

I only used part 1 of blitz and I think i made the mistake of just using the fluid instantly without a distilled water fill before.

Of course I did the 4/5 rinse of the radiators and tested the PH.

What do you suggest?

20180409_210257.jpg

Sometimes my temps also instantly jump from like 50 to 60

not sure about the white spec, on first sight my first impression was air bubbles trapped on a piece of dust... only way to check is to take up a bit of sample and see. Since yoi have hard line tubing its not plasticizer.

Based on your motherboard i assume you have an 8700K, if its not delidded then the temp jumps are normal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11-4-2018 at 3:11 AM, For Science! said:

Based on your motherboard i assume you have an 8700K, if its not delidded then the temp jumps are normal.

Its delidded.

anyway the strange build up is now gone, so its somewhere in my loop probably but strange :o