Lenovo 24" IPS 1440p Monitor Review

Price: Retails for $175-200, can be found for $150 used.  I got mine for $110 on ebay; it was a floor model from a Best Buy.  

Build Quality: This is where a few corners were cut.  The stand is a little wobbly.  The base is some weird kind of ceramic-tile like material underneath.  This doesn't matter because 99% I'm looking at the monitor rather than moving it around.  It supports HDMI and Display.  It has no speakers, which would've just been a waste of space.

Adjustability.  The stand allows the screen to incline from very slightly downward to moderately tilted upward.  This aspect of it is fine.  There's no way to adjust the height of the monitor, so I had to put a few books under it.

Settings.  The software experience here is quite bare.  There's no app for it.  Going into the settings via buttons is a little bit of a hassle.  Something I would do once every now and then, but not anything I could change on-the-fly.  There are 4 preset modes: video mode, picture mode, text mode and bluelight filter.  

Aesthetics:  I love that the bezels are small; this makes it look premium.  It makes me want to buy two more of these and have a triple monitor setup.  The physical buttons look fine, visible but not overly exaggerated.  The Lenovo logo is tasteful.  The silver color is pleasant - not gaudy.

IPS/Colors.  I've seen better color representations on higher-end IPS monitors, but these colors are better than TN and VA monitors in any event.  As an analogy, it's like how a "slow" SSD is still way faster than even a "fast' hard drive.

Size/Resolution: 1440p is a great resolution, much crisper than 1080p but not as demanding as 4K.  At 24" size, the pixel density is ideal, however, I find that I need to move my screen up closer to immerse myself where I would have preferred to have it at the end of my desk. At this price range, 24" is quite fair, though I can definitely see some wanting to spend more money to get a larger monitor and have an close-to-perfect viewing experience.

Value: At retail price of $175-200, it's a very good value.  If you want a triple monitor setup for cheap, this is an option.  If you have $200-400 to spend, you can definitely do better.  If you can find it for $100-150, it's a steal, and even with some of the flaws I've mentioned, I have no right to complain about anything for the price I got it at.  

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage