8700k cooling kit

Hiya I'm about to grab the 8700k plus a new watercooler I saw today at a store and I wonder if its good enough, I like it because it comes with every part already so I don't have to get a block in store A and then the tubes at store B or the radiator at C

http://www.thermaltake.com/Cooling/Liquid_Cooler_/LCS_Kits/C_00002788/Pacific_RL360_RGB_Water_Cooling_Kit/Specification.htm

my main question would be where do I mount this thing?

CL-W113-CA12SW-A_54e0782156a646bfab8168d

and, does it need a lot of maintenance? I've read that you have to change the coolant every year and I'm guessing the bottle included is small, and it says I need to "flush and rinse radiators and blocks with distilled water (not included)" and that "coolant might fade over time"

I'll be using it to cool only the CPU (overclocked) I don't need or want graphics card cooling since the stock is good enough

If the included fans are bad quality I'll probably replace them with papst server fans or SP120s

CPU is $360 and the kit $375

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

That's a pum-res combo. If you buy a pump seperately, you'd be wasting your money. Considering that it has a pump, preferably you would mount it as low as possible and really wherever there is a mount. Keep in mind, that your case needs said mount (usually mounting strips found next to the motherboard or by the rear of the graphics card). You have to make sure it fits physically as well. Watercooling isn't easy and it takes lots of practice and patience. You seem really new to this, so I would hold off on buying anything asof yet. I would recommend watching some of Jayztwocents videos. He is basically a god at watercooling.

14 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

-SNIP-

The pacific kits from thermaltake are not well regarded or recommended, they are a mixed metal loop. You would be better with something like the all aluminum fluid gaming kits from EKWB if you want to keep costs low or to invest in a good quality copper based loop. 

For any custom water cooling loop you have to do loop maintenance every 6-12 months, either changing fluids, soft tube as it ages, and if there is build up to clean out the whole loop.

water cooling inherently need a lot of maintenance, especially compared to air cooling. All-in-one coolers are better, but 5 years later (3 years, for those of worse quality) the liquid will start to run dry and you have to replace them entirely.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

First of all, have you ever built a custom watercooling loop before?

If you don't know all the assembly process, components, maintenance, etc you should definitely not be building one or you're almost certainly going to kill your PC with a leak.

Stick to a sealed AIO from Corsair or NZXT.

Second, buying parts from different brands is the correct way to build a custom loop.

There is no brand that makes the best of every component.

When making a custom loop you want the best possible parts to reduce the chance of leaks or other issues.

Also this means you should be looking to spend $500+ for good quality components.

Third, Thermaltake is some of the worst quality stuff you could get.

Buy watercooling parts from a real company, not a Chinese manufacturer that copies other people's products with cheap materials.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

First of all, have you ever built a custom watercooling loop before?

If you don't know all the assembly process, components, maintenance, etc you should definitely not be building one or you're almost certainly going to kill your PC with a leak.

Stick to a sealed AIO from Corsair or NZXT.

Second, buying parts from different brands is the correct way to build a custom loop.

There is no brand that makes the best of every component.

When making a custom loop you want the best possible parts to reduce the chance of leaks or other issues.

Also this means you should be looking to spend $500+ for good quality components.

Third, Thermaltake is some of the worst quality stuff you could get.

Buy watercooling parts from a real company, not a Chinese manufacturer that copies other people's products with cheap materials.

dam, didn't knew getting a loop was that expensive, I already have an AIO but its starting to show its age and underperforming under load even with a quad core so I don't know if it'll be able to cool the 8700k. it does bother me that there are no AIOs with thick radiators like the one from that kit

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

dam, didn't knew getting a loop was that expensive, I already have an AIO but its starting to show its age and underperforming under load even with a quad core so I don't know if it'll be able to cool the 8700k. it does bother me that there are no AIOs with thick radiators like the one from that kit

Larger and longer rads in general perform better than thicker rads, you can get 280mm AIO's like the Kraken X62 or even 360mm units like the H150i Pro. 

3 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Thicker radiators only perform better when you have high RPM powerful/loud fans, otherwise the difference is close to 0.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020