Laptop which isnt a retina macbook pro

s0nrise

Ill make it short, I'm studying abroad and I'll have to leave my desktop with surround monitors behind, using a laptop as my only computer for a whole year.

I want something powerful, with a high res screen, and with similar build quality to a macbook (I own a 2010 macbook pro atm), but I dont really feel like blowing 2.5usd on it.
I would love to get some suggestions, I'm willing to spend up to $2k us.

thanks a lot.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Acer aspire s7 392

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

The Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 and Samsung Series 9 Plus use the same Samsung made panel. the Yoga pro 2 costs a little over $1000 US.

The display is 3200X1800 on each. Each has solid state storage and both are very portable.

Edit. The price of the Samsung starts at $1300 and the Lenovo starts at $999

Though they use the same exact display, the Yellows on the Lenovo are just slightly less accurate than the Samsung, but a software update should fix that in time. The panels have a 95% of  sRGB coverage and 74% of Adobe RGB which is much better than the Macbook Air/rMBP

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Here is a detailed Smackdown between the Lenovo and the Samsung that I had mentioned. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

samsung ativ book 9 plus

1 minute late :P

Hail Sithis!

Here is a detailed Smackdown between the Lenovo and the Samsung that I had mentioned. 

^^^^^^^^^^

I want a yoga soooo bad but my parents won't let me since I just dropped upwards of 2k on my rig

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

the dell XPS 15 is probably right up your ally way if you want the same gpu, but the model with a ssd is over your budget

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9530/pd?oc=dncwx1566h&model_id=xps-15-9530

If you want an ultrabook, but doesn't have a dedicated gpu the 13in macbook pro, hp spectre 13t, or the samsung ativ book 9 plus

^^^^^^^^^^

I want a yoga soooo bad but my parents won't let me since I just dropped upwards of 2k on my rig

Get a fucking job :P

just kidding.

Hail Sithis!

Is it possible to run like premiere on these?

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

asus zenbook

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Is it possible to run like premiere on these?

On what?

Hail Sithis!

On what?

These ultrabooks Acer Aspire S7, Yoga 2 Pro, Samsung Ativ book 9 etc.. I believe they only have dual cores and integrated graphics, so I wonder is it enough to do some basic editing and encoding.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

First thing that comes to mind is the Razer Blade. That thing is beautiful and to my understanding, is built pretty well too.

First thing that comes to mind is the Razer Blade. That thing is beautiful and to my understanding, is built pretty well too.

The razer blade has a pretty bad screen (TN).

What makes you say no to a Mac though?

The razer blade has a pretty bad screen (TN).

What makes you say no to a Mac though?

Yeah, the screen's viewing angles aren't very good. I'm not saying no to Mac... I have a MacBook. I didn't suggest Mac because he said he didn't want a MacBook, plus they're expensive as all hell for a good one.