Compactibility

TheR4vas

Hello. I'm planning to do a build with E5450 (I got it already), lga 775 motherboard (P5B-Plus rev 1.0 got that already), RAM (don't have those, I will need to buy later), other hardware doesn't matter. Well my E5450 already came with adapter or whatever it is, but it fits my motherboard. Now the question is, the motherboard supports only DDR2 ram, but the CPU supports only DDR3, also I don't know if it support normal ram DRAM or it needs server ram. Also is it possible to do something with dual channel or not? Also will there be any compactibility issues after the ram issue is resolved one or another way? Will I need to do something? Drop a link, because I don't really know how the progress goes. Thank you and have a nice day 9_9.

Motherboard:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P5BPlus/

CPU:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Intel-socket-775-Xeon-E5450-SLANQ-Quad-Core-3-0GHz-12MB-1333MHz-works-on-LGA/32758516501.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.NRRgNT

https://ark.intel.com/products/33083/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5450-12M-Cache-3_00-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB

I don't see any Xeons on the support list for that motherboard, but maybe you know something I don't.  If you get the system to boot then it would have to use the DDR2 that the board is made for.  If you need to update the bios to get it to boot with the xeon, you WILL need another CPU on it's support list to get into the bios for the update.  GOOD LUCK!

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

I don't see any Xeons on the support list for that motherboard, but maybe you know something I don't.  If you get the system to boot then it would have to use the DDR2 that the board is made for.  If you need to update the bios to get it to boot with the xeon, you WILL need another CPU on it's support list to get into the bios for the update.  GOOD LUCK!

Thank you, my first time. Budget traveling PC :).

The memory controller is on the motherboard so DDR2 is in order here. You will probably need to flash a modded BIOS if this is the LGA 771/775 mod. You will need a 775 core two duo for the BIOS flashing.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430