Windows 10 on NVMe takes a very long time to boot

Cyb3r

It takes about 3-5 minutes to get into login screen which is really frustrating. I have built the PC myself about 8 months ago, no issues so far other than this one. Though I have a Mac installed on the same PC but on another normal SSD and it boots much much faster in like 10-15 seconds.

Here's my PC specs:

• MOBO: Asus ROG Z270E
  • CPU: i7-7700K
  • GPU: Asus ROG 1080Ti OC
  • RAM: Corsair LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4

Here's what I tried so far:

• Disabled CSM and enabled secure boot for windows
  • Installed NVMe drivers
  • And few other BIOS tweaks that I have seen on google

Any advice would be much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Cyb3r said:

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Advice: Don't waste your money on gimmicky crap like NVMe B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|

When did the problem start and what exactly have you done to try to fix it?

1 minute ago, Apepa said:

Advice: Don't waste your money on gimmicky crap like NVMe B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|

I have a NVMe drive and it is really quick so i dont think it is gimmicky crap.

3 hours ago, Apepa said:

Advice: Don't waste your money on gimmicky crap like NVMe

Ignorance is bliss. NVMe is a proven standard and has been for years. Don't spew bs like this pls :P

3 hours ago, Cyb3r said:

*story*

Which SSD? Firmware up-to-date on it?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

5 hours ago, Spaceman3600 said:

I have a NVMe drive and it is really quick so i dont think it is gimmicky crap.

2 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Ignorance is bliss. NVMe is a proven standard and has been for years. Don't spew bs like this pls :P

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias

?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Accept-That-You-Have-No-Sense-of-Humor%3famp=1

7 hours ago, Apepa said:

First off I have nvme and i boots in like 6 seconds. Secondly the first link also shows why you think nvme is bad. You obviously don't have an nvme drive so you ignore its advantages over sata. B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|;););););););):P:P:P:P:P:P:P

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Try turning on fast boot in your bios. It helped my friend a lot.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

3 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

First off I have nvme and i boots in like 6 seconds. Secondly the first link also shows why you think nvme is bad. You obviously don't have an nvme drive so you ignore its advantages over sata. B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|B|;););););););):P:P:P:P:P:P:P

I never said NVMe was bad. Just gimmicky and a waste of money. :)

On ١٩‏/٢‏/٢٠١٨ at 8:19 AM, Spaceman3600 said:

what ssd are you using?

On ١٩‏/٢‏/٢٠١٨ at 8:25 AM, Apepa said:

On ١٩‏/٢‏/٢٠١٨ at 12:02 PM, NelizMastr said:

Which SSD? Firmware up-to-date on it?

Sorry for the late reply I was away for a few days. After following this method to debug the issue with WPR/WPA tools I have come up with a conclusion that a process called "csrss.exe" is causing the delay. You can see below an image of the result and a link to download the generated ETL file if someone else can analyze it and confirm.

ETL file Download link

0osJc.png

If anyone know what this process does and how to fix this issue I will be much appreciated.

4 hours ago, Cyb3r said:

Sorry for the late reply I was away for a few days. After following this method to debug the issue with WPR/WPA tools I have come up with a conclusion that a process called "csrss.exe" is causing the delay. You can see below an image of the result and a link to download the generated ETL file if someone else can analyze it and confirm.

ETL file Download link

If anyone know what this process does and how to fix this issue I will be much appreciated.

It's one of "those" Windows processes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Client/Server_Runtime_Subsystem

It could be corrupt, or even a malware infection.