Can't Control CPU Fan Speeds

Zack Brown

Specs:

i7-6700K

AMD R9 390

ASUS Z170-A

Corsair H110i GTX (replaced stock fans with Silent Wings 2 140mm PWM)

Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz DDR4

Before I replaced the fans on the radiators from the stock ones to the Silent Wings 2, I could control the fan speeds in Corsair Link without a problem.

After replacing them, I could no longer control the fans, even though the wiring is exactly the same as it was before.

1.The two Silent Wings 2 PWM 140mm fans are connected to a splitter that is connected to the AIO cooler. (One connector has 3 pins and the other has 4 pins. Both fans have 4 pins).

2. The AIO cooler also has a SATA cable that is connected to a SATA port.

3. The AIO cooler has a 3 pin connector that is connected to a 4 pin CPU_FAN header (the CPU_FAN header only gives RPM data to the computer).

4.The AIO cooler has a mini-USB cable that is connected to a USB 2.0 connector.

Corsair Link shows MB fan is spinning at 770-890 RPM

AI Suite 3 shows CPU fan is spinning at 770-890 RPM

Both are referring to the same fans.

Ideas?

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

What settings in Corsair link have you tried so far? Are you using any other software to control your fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You may also want to check your BIOS, in case there is an option there that has changed to set the fans to PWM rather than auto or voltage.