High ram usage and wrong amount available?

TheRiskk

Hello I am using a ryzen 1600x , 8gb ram of corsair dominator 3200mhz , alongside a gtx 1060 3gb and and have suddenly realized that my ram usage is suddenly higher and less is available as shown by picture.

Capture.PNG

34% and showing 8GB is high/wrong?

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

look at amount available and also the only thing running is google chrome

?! Looks fine to me.

If it was less, then you just have more programs running. I see Chrome, and a bunch of startup programs on your system tray.

look at available amount/cached and 34% just for chrome?

That's perfectly normal, That's the number I was getting when I had 8, Around 2.9 Gbs without doing anything.

1 minute ago, TheRiskk said:

As LTT showed recently, chrome eats 8GB of RAM for breakfast and another 8 for lunch. Don't be surprised. 

As a side note: I would never trust task manager. I would always consult a 3rd party utility. Windows has been really hit or miss with system reporting for me. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

As for the "issue", I don't really see one. Everything looks normal. You are not swapping to pagefile, nor are you caching an obscene amount of memory. If you start getting warnings that you are running low on memory while performing normal tasks, then you should take a look to see what might be causing it, but it looks good from what I can see. 

Edited by GoodBytes

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

so should i only be worried if i get a decrease in performance or errors then and just carry on?

8 minutes ago, TheRiskk said:

You're using 2.6 GB. 

8GB - 2.6GB = 5.4GB available.

Majority of the "missing" 100MB is hardware reserved. As it doesn't show more decimal places, it doesn't show the specific amounts, so some will be rounded. I don't see anything wrong here. Windows, background applications and Chrome will easily take up 2.6GB

EDIT: Also, no need to post the topic twice. 

2 minutes ago, TheRiskk said:

so should i only be worried if i get a decrease in performance or errors then and just carry on?

Exactly. Nothing looks out of the ordinary in that screenshot, and as long as performance is not suffering, you should be fine. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.