PUBG TPP vs FPP

Agonizel

Hi community, 

I definitely don't think it's right for me to feel that way, but I feel embarrassed watching TPP gameplay on PUBG. It looks clumsy: the funny movement, the weird peeking and lazy aiming from TPP gameplay looks ridiculous to me. Furthermore, being able to gather visual information around you without taking some risks in such a game is incoherent. And it promotes camping, passive and boring gameplay.

In my honest, personal and subjective opinion, I play FPP because it requires increased awareness, puts more emphasis on aiming skills rather than "TPP hipfire RNG", requires you to take risks in order to gather information which in turn discourages camping, is way more immersive and intense, and encourages the further use of your auditory senses to acquire further information.

All in all, all of this makes me think that FPP rewards skill more than TPP.

What do you guys think?

Remember: I'm aware it's my own insignificant opinion and it does not apply as an immovable truth for the whole galaxy. So please debate the subject but don't attack the author. (TL;DR no h8 pls)

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

ya everything in FPS games is about some weird strategy and finding the right spot in the map and until a random dude starts going rambo and sweeping whatever is in front of him with a 800 round heavy machine gun and a bullet kills you

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I mean, there's an easy answer to this.

Don't watch TPP PUBG matches. Don't play TPP PUBG matches. Problem solved?

Others like TPP. Camping for some people is enjoyable. Don't like camping? Don't play TPP. Furthermore TPP encourages last minute desperate crazy plays, which can sometimes be amazing.

Personally I would favour FPP as well. Which is why I would play that mode, since we as gamers are given the choice.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

FPP all the way. 

TPP is for fornite kiddies. :)

Except PUBG TPP came before Fortnite existed ;)

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Except PUBG TPP came before Fortnite existed ;)

Just because it came first, doesnt make it the best ;)

5 minutes ago, Mutoh said:

Just because it came first, doesnt make it the best ;)

Very true. But neither is best. Just different.

Prefer FPP as it provides a more believable game for a "tactical shooter"

Will play both but in TPP abusing camera angles is what wins, I do it myself :)

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

Well TPP is important on a loot centric game. Competitive players don't care and would like to switch to FP but most people playing actually do care about how their character looks and having a visual representation of advancement is kind of pointless if you can't see yourself.

It seems minor and insignificant, but things like this really do matter for mass appeal games as many games base their entire profit model on nothing but cosmetic enhancements that can be purchased. There's something about projecting oneself into one's avatar and having the impulse to customize said looks.

-------

Current Rig

-------

15 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Don't watch TPP PUBG matches. Don't play TPP PUBG matches. Problem solved?

Haha but that isn't really the issue. I just wondered what people's opinion were in order to situate mine :)

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !