System will not Power On When SSD is Plugged in.

Hi Guys

My Threadripper 1950x System will not power on once I have plugged in a SATA SSD. I have checked all SATA ports in the BIOS and enabled every port but they still don't

So I currently have an M.2 SSD in the System as my boot drive but when I plug in a SATA SSD or even 2 the Power supply clicks and does not power on at all. As soon as I remove the SATA SSD the system will turn on again and boot Fine. 

16 minutes ago, Boxtroll said:

Hi Guys

My Threadripper 1950x System will not power on once I have plugged in a SATA SSD. I have checked all SATA ports in the BIOS and enabled every port but they still don't

So I currently have an M.2 SSD in the System as my boot drive but when I plug in a SATA SSD or even 2 the Power supply clicks and does not power on at all. As soon as I remove the SATA SSD the system will turn on again and boot Fine. 

I don't know if this is the same, but I had to switch up some of my sata cables to get my pc to boot. It was trying to use the HDD not the SDD. Perhaps it doesn't recognize which one is the boot drive?

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

It's probably the sata port you are using. Many motherboards share 2 of the sata ports with the m.2 slot so they are unusable when using m.2.  Check your motherboard manual to be sure.

Although not powering on points to a short.

2 hours ago, Boxtroll said:

Hi Guys

Honestly just had this issue with a brand new build I did for my girlfriend like 45min ago haha, ended up being because I was using the non original SATA power cables for the particular PSU I was using as soon as I put the original ones in, it fired up no problem.  Check your cables different manufacturers could have a couple pins backwards causing a short like said earlier so it just shuts down instantly to protect the system.