Best monitor for GTX 1080

mankeez

So I got an Aorus GTX 1080 for christmas and I can't decide which monitor is better and at which resolution. My price range is probably 200-400 EUROS, not dollars. The page I'd be using is https://www.pccomponentes.com/ since I live in Spain lol. Ideal frequency: 120Hz and above. Find me the greatest deal!

I would go for a Dell S2417DG.

A 1080 is overkill for any but maybe the super niche 240Hz panels. I would go for a 1440p 144Hz model if possible to get the most out of it. Also that is what u got. Be careful with the 1440p 27" 144hz IPS panels. Those are notorious for QC issues. Had two repairs on mine now, third pending and will probably have to go to court because the reseller refuses to give me a refund. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, GER_T4IGA said:

I would go for a Dell S2417DG.

A 1080 is overkill for any but maybe the super niche 240Hz panels. I would go for a 1440p 144Hz model if possible to get the most out of it. Also that is what u got. Be careful with the 1440p 27" 144hz IPS panels. Those are notorious for QC issues. Had two repairs on mine now, third pending and will probably have to go to court because the reseller refuses to give me a refund. 

What company have you had problems with? I don't wana go with them lel

The Dell that is mentioned above would be a great match. I have a 1070ti overclocked with the same monitor(1080 oc'd would be slightly better, but very comparable). The S2417DG is a 2560x1440 144hz monitor, which you can overclock to 165hz. Also G Sync enabled. Very very good monitor, and they are easily the best value in that segment. I paid $350 USD for mine locally.