Darksouls Remastered Runs "upscaled 4K" on X1X

Keikavoos
On 1/12/2018 at 11:27 PM, Keikavoos said:

It's just stupid, I may consider the pc version if it runs good (because the original pc version was an absolute mess, historical mess!) , but for ps4/xbox it is just stupid, and it is coming for switch too, good for them.

New PC ver could still be a mess if you play online, depending on how well they moderate online play. I heard cheating is rampant with the current PC ver with people using trainers for invincibility or whatever invading your game. So if you want a good online experience, a console version may still be the way to go. Offline, hopefully PC will be great.

No idea which version I'd get. I have the 360 version via games for gold way back when. Switch is probably a step up, even in handheld probably since it was shorter than the normal horizontal for 720p. But I'm one where 60 fps looks attractive. But it depends on stability. Fluctuations in frame rate/pacing triggers my motion sickness, which makes for example Bloodborne difficult for me to play, but Dark Souls III on PC (offline) or Nioh on PS4 (wasn't out on PC when I played it) great on performance mode beautifully smooth (and I agree DS should have two modes for those who want 4K/30fps vs upscaled 4K/60 like Nioh and many other Pro/X enhanced games). If that Switch 30 fps is stable, I'd compromise for the option of portability.

On 1/19/2018 at 4:00 AM, ono said:

New PC ver could still be a mess if you play online, depending on how well they moderate online play. I heard cheating is rampant with the current PC ver with people using trainers for invincibility or whatever invading your game. So if you want a good online experience, a console version may still be the way to go. Offline, hopefully PC will be great.

No idea which version I'd get. I have the 360 version via games for gold way back when. Switch is probably a step up, even in handheld probably since it was shorter than the normal horizontal for 720p. But I'm one where 60 fps looks attractive. But it depends on stability. Fluctuations in frame rate/pacing triggers my motion sickness, which makes for example Bloodborne difficult for me to play, but Dark Souls III on PC (offline) or Nioh on PS4 (wasn't out on PC when I played it) great on performance mode beautifully smooth (and I agree DS should have two modes for those who want 4K/30fps vs upscaled 4K/60 like Nioh and many other Pro/X enhanced games). If that Switch 30 fps is stable, I'd compromise for the option of portability.

Exactly, 

The best outcome of this entire release will be the switch version for it's fans, And yes they had enough power to go for 4k native/30fps or upscaled 60fps, i'd go for the resolution.