Is it bad to put a computer on a heated wood floor?

CryptoMatt

My desk is too small for my computer so it needs to go on the flood but the floor is heated wood floors, will it bad for my psu?

and also how can I extend the WiFi range becase my my room is separate from the house and the WiFi doesnt reach much so when I pay R6 I get kicked from evey game for bad internet 

Nah, it'll be fine. Just keep an eye on temps for a few gaming sessions and see that nothing is getting too hot (although nothing should).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Putting it on the floor should be fine, as @kelvinhall05 says, just keep an eye on your temps and you should be fine. 

If the electrical system in your house is connected to your room then you can always use a powerline to connect your PC to your router via Ethernet. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Just now, Jasun said:

Putting it on the floor should be fine, as @kelvinhall05 says, just keep an eye on your temps and you should be fine. 

If the electrical system in your house is connected to your room then you can always use a powerline to connect your PC to your router via Ethernet. 

I’m looking around and I don’t see any. Ethernet ports out here 

Just now, CryptoMatt said:

I’m looking around and I don’t see any. Ethernet ports out here 

no no no lol. You gotta buy the powerlines. They look like this...Image result for powerline

6 minutes ago, Jasun said:

no no no lol. You gotta buy the powerlines. They look like this...Image result for powerline

That plugs into the wall? How does it make the strength better?

Just now, CryptoMatt said:

Yeah, because it uses your electrical system as a way of transferring data instead of WiFi. It's essentially a replacement for Ethernet when it comes to distance but it's not as good as Ethernet but it does come pretty close. 

10 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If it's too hot for you, it's too hot for your computer. ;)

Well I noticed I left a blanked on the floor overnight and went to grab it and it was warm like it was just went though a dryer

woild placing a slab of wood on the floor and putting my pc on top of that be better? Or would it not matter becas heat is still rising from the floor and it would only be like 1 inch off the ground 

1 minute ago, CryptoMatt said:

Well I noticed I left a blanked on the floor overnight and went to grab it and it was warm like it was just went though a dryer

woild placing a slab of wood on the floor and putting my pc on top of that be better? Or would it not matter becas heat is still rising from the floor and it would only be like 1 inch off the ground 

Having space between the floor and the PC would be more ideal. So like using two stacks of smaller wood or something.

2 hours ago, CryptoMatt said:

Its much better than Wifi, but not as good as ethernet.

Linus is my fetish.

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

Its much better than Wifi, but not as good as ethernet.

will it work if my room and the house are on two separate breakers? like my room has its own breaker box with fuses thats inside my room,  the speed im getting right now is 1.98 up and .86 down, iver never had internet this slow in my life. but it also could be that the internet out where i just moved is shitty. im not paying for it i moved in with buddies and its what they have, i just pay more rent so i got the room thats its own building. it used to be a big shed

1 minute ago, CryptoMatt said:

will it work if my room and the house are on two separate breakers? like my room has its own breaker box with fuses thats inside my room,  the speed im getting right now is 1.98 up and .86 down, iver never had internet this slow in my life. but it also could be that the internet out where i just moved is shitty. im not paying for it i moved in with buddies and its what they have, i just pay more rent so i got the room thats its own building. it used to be a big shed

That I dont know.

Linus is my fetish.

2 hours ago, CryptoMatt said:

They conduct the signal through the home wiring not unlike an network cable, although the signal has a bit more noise. Generally speaking this is probably the best solution without running a network cable to your PC. 

4 minutes ago, CryptoMatt said:

I don't believe so, probably worth checking out other places to be sure. but I have personally heard people having issues running them across multiple circuits.

Could you run a line (powerline or otherwise) closer to where you are and just create a closer Access Point?

As to the heat, you are probably fine but it won't hurt to separate the the two and keep an eye on temps to be sure.

1 hour ago, FlightRisk said:

They conduct the signal through the home wiring not unlike an network cable, although the signal has a bit more noise. Generally speaking this is probably the best solution without running a network cable to your PC. 

I don't believe so, probably worth checking out other places to be sure. but I have personally heard people having issues running them across multiple circuits.

Could you run a line (powerline or otherwise) closer to where you are and just create a closer Access Point?

As to the heat, you are probably fine but it won't hurt to separate the the two and keep an eye on temps to be sure.

nope my room is too far from the house to do that, its alredy at its closest point. is there any other way? is there any router or like a range extender i could buy that would help?

7 minutes ago, CryptoMatt said:

nope my room is too far from the house to do that, its alredy at its closest point. is there any other way? is there any router or like a range extender i could buy that would help?

Ummmmm, new router probably would help, although I don't know how much. especially if the other building has thick walls to penetrate. although I am not familiar enough with routers right now to make any suggestions. If it were me I would try the powerline first as I have heard people say 'yes it will' and people say 'no it wont'. In theory you can always return them if it doesn't.

1 hour ago, FlightRisk said:

Ummmmm, new router probably would help, although I don't know how much. especially if the other building has thick walls to penetrate. although I am not familiar enough with routers right now to make any suggestions. If it were me I would try the powerline first as I have heard people say 'yes it will' and people say 'no it wont'. In theory you can always return them if it doesn't.

ill do that, if worst comes to worst ill just call up an ISP and get my own internet out here i guess.