Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 or Razer Ornata Chroma

Zenedge
Go to solution Solved by Jessop,
15 hours ago, Enderman said:

The switches are fake, and so is most of the quality :P

Basically you mostly pay for the marketing and green LEDs targeting kids.

I have two Corsair keyboards - a K70 Vengence ( 2014 ) and a K70 Rapidfire RGB - both great keyboards with Genuine Cherry mx switches

I also have a new Blackwidow Chroma V2 with the new Greetech Green switches and I can honestly tell you there is NOTHING wrong with the new Greetech Razer Greens .

I have to admit that the Cherry MX switches do feel more sturdy with slightly less key wobble but the Greetech switches are miles better than the original Khail switches in the first gen Blackwidow Chroma keyboards.

I would recommend the new Blackwidow Chroma  V2 to anyone

The quality of the new Blackwidow Chroma V2 is right up there with the best - great design and great software - the keyboard feels solid and heavy and the switches have a very even feel and click right across the entire keyboard -

Time will tell if the switches hold up as well as the stated 80 million key presses but if they even last me a few years without crapping out like the original Khail Greens I'll be more than happy .

Great keyboard all around and a pleasure to type and game on -

but a word of advice - if you planning on just gaming a linear ( non - clicky ) switch might suit you better - especially for FPS type games - although I myself don't mind the clicky noise , if you gaming at night with other people close by they might complain as the Green switches are quite loud -

but the greens are by far the best typing experience and the most satisfying to use

I've used many types of switches but when I think mechanical I somehow associate that with Cherry MX blue and Razer Greens .

the click and tactile feel of the Blue / Green switches is what it's all about -

the ideal situation is to have a few keyboards and change them every few days to keep the typing / Gaming experience fresh

I myself have been changing keyboards every second day between the Rapidfire and the Blackwidow -

it's hard to pick a clear winner  - I love them all - one day I like clicky - the next - Rapidfire Linear -

No matter how good the meal - variety is what makes things interesting and alleviates boredom and routine  .

Currently have a razer blackwidow tournament edition 2014. and it served me well for the last 3 years.

so to start the new year. i decided to buy a new keyboard.

as of now, i'm deciding between the.....

Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

and

Ornata Chroma

both are the same price, so i'm not so sure which one to get.

the blackwidow has mechanical keys, but its lighting is only green

the ornata is only mecha-membrane keys (non-mechanical) but has full RGB

im looking for opinions on which one i should get.

And yes, it has to be razer. since my current mouse is the deathadder elite, and i want them to match . hahaha

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

Blackwidow Ultimate.

srsly Razer is a ripoff pls don't buy if at all possible

bad customer service, scam warranty and uses clone switches

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

How about a real keyboard instead?

Maybe something from ducky or logitech or corsair?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

30 minutes ago, Enderman said:

How about a real keyboard instead?

Maybe something from ducky or logitech or corsair?

So razer keyboard is an illusion after all this time? :P

43 minutes ago, Zenedge said:

-snip-

I have tried ornata and it suprised me.

Strangely its so good to type on for a mem mech but yes its way too expensive u can buy a real mech keyboard for that price.

Dont be loyal to razer just because u own their mice.

Deathadder is by no mean a really good mouse but that doesnt mean u'll have to become a razer fanboy and start buying their product just to match your setup :P

Get  a mech keyboard from corsair their K70 LUX RGB offer a variety of cherryswitches and its a solid keyboard with tons of features.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

12 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

So razer keyboard is an illusion after all this time? :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

29 minutes ago, Enderman said:

762.jpg

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

15 hours ago, Enderman said:

I have two Corsair keyboards - a K70 Vengence ( 2014 ) and a K70 Rapidfire RGB - both great keyboards with Genuine Cherry mx switches

I also have a new Blackwidow Chroma V2 with the new Greetech Green switches and I can honestly tell you there is NOTHING wrong with the new Greetech Razer Greens .

I have to admit that the Cherry MX switches do feel more sturdy with slightly less key wobble but the Greetech switches are miles better than the original Khail switches in the first gen Blackwidow Chroma keyboards.

I would recommend the new Blackwidow Chroma  V2 to anyone

The quality of the new Blackwidow Chroma V2 is right up there with the best - great design and great software - the keyboard feels solid and heavy and the switches have a very even feel and click right across the entire keyboard -

Time will tell if the switches hold up as well as the stated 80 million key presses but if they even last me a few years without crapping out like the original Khail Greens I'll be more than happy .

Great keyboard all around and a pleasure to type and game on -

but a word of advice - if you planning on just gaming a linear ( non - clicky ) switch might suit you better - especially for FPS type games - although I myself don't mind the clicky noise , if you gaming at night with other people close by they might complain as the Green switches are quite loud -

but the greens are by far the best typing experience and the most satisfying to use

I've used many types of switches but when I think mechanical I somehow associate that with Cherry MX blue and Razer Greens .

the click and tactile feel of the Blue / Green switches is what it's all about -

the ideal situation is to have a few keyboards and change them every few days to keep the typing / Gaming experience fresh

I myself have been changing keyboards every second day between the Rapidfire and the Blackwidow -

it's hard to pick a clear winner  - I love them all - one day I like clicky - the next - Rapidfire Linear -

No matter how good the meal - variety is what makes things interesting and alleviates boredom and routine  .

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

Thanks for all the opinions guys, i ended up getting the ornata chroma and i like it alot :)

the wrist rest is a nice added touch as well. and i'm enjoying playing around with the chroma effects.

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs