4 and 3 Pin Adaptors

InfinityHardware

I need to test my PSU to see if it works and all the guides say to attach a fan and just turn it on and the fan and PSU fan should spin up. Problem is I dont have any molex to fan adaptors. Is there any way to bypass this or do I just need to buy and adaptor?

Just attach a bare piece of wire from the red fan lead to the 12v line on the psu and connect the black wire to the black wire on the PSU. If it spins your PSU is working. Make sure you don't short the wires.

Best way would be to use a volt meter and check what voltages you are getting on each line.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Just attach a bare piece of wire from the red fan lead to the 12v line on the psu and connect the black wire to the black wire on the PSU. If it spins your PSU is working. Make sure you don't short the wires.

Best way would be to use a volt meter and check what voltages you are getting on each line.

Could you be more specific? Like which black wire I should connect it to on the PSU and also were is the 12v line?

You can connect it to any of the black wires on the PSU. The 12V line is usually yellow on a PSU and the 3.3V and 5V lines are orange and red.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

You don't even need to connect anything to it. Your PSU should have a fan in it which increases cooling over the unit. In most cases, this fan will spin up when the power supply is initially started; therefore, all you have to do is jump 2 pins in the 24 pin connector to start it.

Grab a paper clip and bend to a 'U' shape. Put one end of the 'U' in a black wire and the other in a green wire. Connect the plug to the wall and switch on. If the fan spins you can assume the PSU is working.

You don't even need to connect anything to it. Your PSU should have a fan in it which increases cooling over the unit. In most cases, this fan will spin up when the power supply is initially started; therefore, all you have to do is jump 2 pins in the 24 pin connector to start it.

Grab a paper clip and bend to a 'U' shape. Put one end of the 'U' in a black wire and the other in a green wire. Connect the plug to the wall and switch on. If the fan spins you can assume the PSU is working.

I have tried that already. As far as I could tell the fan didn't spin up. The reason I wanted to add a fan is becuase most guides say to. But if you think when I completely remove it and jump the green and black pins on the 24 it should turn on your probably correct. It is a corsair PSU and easily still on warranty so I will do a few more tests and then return it and get a new one if it continues to not work. Thanks for the help.