AIO style custom loop?

Hey guys. I have literally no experience with watercooling at all, however; in a few months I'm likely to buy the ASUS gtx 1080ti Poseidon graphics card, which combines the power of liquid and air cooling (It has a pre installed waterblock, but has fans too). Anyways, Building a full loop is super expensive and time consuming, I know that; between the pump and res and rad you're spending several hundred dollars. I was wondering if there's any way to make an AIO style loop,

aka-

loop with NO reservoir (I would carefully measure the loop to fill it properly without a reservoir)

a loop with the pump built into the radiator

Is this possible? I just want to cool the GPU, since I really really need a cpu/mobo upgrade anyways, and I can't afford to do it all at once. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, DoctorX149 said:

Hey guys. I have literally no experience with watercooling at all, however; in a few months I'm likely to buy the ASUS gtx 1080ti Poseidon graphics card, which combines the power of liquid and air cooling (It has a pre installed waterblock, but has fans too). Anyways, Building a full loop is super expensive and time consuming, I know that; between the pump and res and rad you're spending several hundred dollars. I was wondering if there's any way to make an AIO style loop,

aka-

loop with NO reservoir (I would carefully measure the loop to fill it properly without a reservoir)

a loop with the pump built into the radiator

Is this possible? I just want to cool the GPU, since I really really need a cpu/mobo upgrade anyways, and I can't afford to do it all at once. Thanks.

Yes, You want to look into Ek's MLC AIO series. Which has pump/res all built into the radiator. You can expand the AIO to GPU & CPU. Plus everything is copper based.

you will need to create your own Tubing/QDC for the GPU section. Which is very easy.

Link: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/aio/ek-mlc

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Check out the ekwb pheonix mlc.  They come in all sorts of different sizes, the pump is built into the radiator and you even get a small radiator mounted res.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

In a few months the release of Ampere will be almost upon us, and the 2080 will almost definitely outperform the 1080ti for a lower price. If you’re building now the 1080ti is still a good choice

That's an F in the profile pic

Just fyi the res is the cheapest part of a loop. 

57 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

nd the 2080 will almost definitely outperform the 1080ti for a lower price. If you’re building now the 1080ti is still a good choice

Yea I've been thinking about waiting for the 2080, it'd be awesome if I can wait until the 2080 poseidon comes out because that's just one less thing to worry about, and also I don't care about the COST of the res I just don't want one. 

51 minutes ago, DoctorX149 said:

Yea I've been thinking about waiting for the 2080, it'd be awesome if I can wait until the 2080 poseidon comes out because that's just one less thing to worry about, and also I don't care about the COST of the res I just don't want one. 

Poseidon cards usually take a bit longer to get released. You might want to add in some kind of GPU support bracket. Poseidon cards are extra heavy.

Bleeding the system is going to be allot harder without a res. It's also hard to judge if you need to add more coolant to the system.

1 hour ago, DoctorX149 said:

Not having a reservoir is incredibly irritating, it makes loop setup/maintenence INCREDIBLY annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the s340 elite (limited purple edition, that's irrelevant but I wanted to flex). This case is very beautiful but it's not really big enough for a good custom loop. I think for any liquid cooling I DO pursue, I will wait until I can get a bigger case and do a full loop (With res, and probably cool the ram and mobo too). I want to go all out when I can afford it, not just skimp and waste my money because I can do it NOW.

Thanks for all the replies though.

On 17/12/2017 at 8:26 PM, Revan654 said:

Not at all, Just need to have the loop setup correctly.

I've always had trouble bleeding with no res, how do you manage it?

13 minutes ago, DoctorX149 said:

This case is very beautiful but it's not really big enough for a good custom loop

Not at all.  It's totally fine size wise.  Also WC RAM is a waste of money for ddr4

5a42757f2bbef_images(1).jpeg.c34be2c50beaa2e9d139c13d9749e4cc.jpegimages.jpeg.a1300dde4442b13caf56ff9b4a937638.jpeg54vsw9m6zfky.thumb.jpg.cb1d43f233215837e67d2c98d560a455.jpgdownload.jpeg.a0bcbe5f3adf088b0aab2a4752a3bbe9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

I have Exhaust Fittings installed at the highest point (Usually on my radiators, Since there Multiport and at the highest point).

Gotcha, any reason you don't use a res? 

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

Gotcha, any reason you don't use a res? 

I do use a res(I have two of them), It was only a comment for one earlier replies.

8EUWIQMl.jpg

Not the best photo due to camera and lighting in the room.

The exhaust Fitting if you can install one is a must in my book. It makes things allot easier. Bitspower does make ones too, I went with Barrow since they just looked better. They have to be installed at the highest point, anywhere else they will not work or coolant might squirt out when pressed.

1 hour ago, Revan654 said:

I do use a res(I have two of them), It was only a comment for one earlier replies.

8EUWIQMl.jpg

"Instant drooling"

What do you think of the heatkiller reservoirs?  I mean you clearly like them enough to use em but do you have any comments - I'm doing my first hardline build and I'm planning on getting one (probably the D5 attached version)

The thing is you want a res,It helps bleeding the air bubbles out,And if its easy to see you can look at it everyday and you will see if its low,If its low you a get leak and can fix it before it causes problems.With out a res like a aio unless you have clear tubing and clear blocks it will be hard to spot its low because of a leak tell its maybe to late.And case size still can mount a res,Even those tiny itx cases people water cool and use a small res in it.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:44 PM, Damascus said:

"Instant drooling"

What do you think of the heatkiller reservoirs?  I mean you clearly like them enough to use em but do you have any comments - I'm doing my first hardline build and I'm planning on getting one (probably the D5 attached version)

There great, It's very likely the best built Reservoir on the market(There is zero acrylic, which 90% of res on the market use, there made from POM). Plus it's glass which is another plus. Aqua-Computer & WaterCool make the best reservoirs. Aqua-Computer glass tube do have a larger ID/OD I believe it's 80mm) are slightly off from tube to tube. If you only need one it's fine but more then one make sure you check them out before installing them.

I also have one of these in my system, Which gives me a few benefits.

45148_0.jpg

44mbcSdl.jpg

7TiW4Zrl.jpg

@Damascus

I will say that WaterCool has the best products. When you compare them to other products everything else feels cheep due to POM they use. I wished they would have made a Monoblock for RVE10. They only made it for RVE and RVE10 mounting holes are not the same.

-------

I prefer Separate D5 Pump, If i recall correctly it has an edge over combo units(Less likely to create vortex If I recall too, not 100% sure on that). Shame only two companies make dual pump tops. EK version is the best, Bitspower is ok but EK still wins.

------

Also WaterCool Tube is bit modular, You can buy the D5 pump bottom down the road if you only buy the standard Tube res.