Script that logs in and checks for changes.

TheTelperion
Go to solution Solved by unijab,

Learn how to use curl

Write script

profit

So to give some context. On my school we use a program called ‘itsLearning’ that has connection to ‘somtoday’ which is where our marks are managed, and I want to stop logging in every hour to check if a teacher put in a mark. So I’m looking for a solution that automatically logs in to itsLearning, opens a url that authenticates my credentials for somtoday and checks for changes. 

Does someone one have any ideas how to achieve this?

P.S A way to get a notification on my iPhone gets bonus points. 

Here's to the crazy ones...

41 minutes ago, TheTelperion said:

So to give some context. On my school we use a program called ‘itsLearning’ that has connection to ‘somtoday’ which is where our marks are managed, and I want to stop logging in every hour to check if a teacher put in a mark. So I’m looking for a solution that automatically logs in to itsLearning, opens a url that authenticates my credentials for somtoday and checks for changes. 

Does someone one have any ideas how to achieve this?

P.S A way to get a notification on my iPhone gets bonus points. 

There are firefox and chrome extensions that autorefresh a tab or browser window so you don't need a script to log in but what does this website look like since I don't know how a program/script would even notice a difference.

After a quick google search I found some monitoring tools but I wouldn't trust any of those free programs to have any credentials.

Desktop

CPUi5-6600K MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120M Black/white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 1070 HDDs: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM  SSDSamsung EVO 850 500GB PSU: Coolermaster 550W 80+ Gold Case: NZXT S340 (White) with a white led strip ;)

Laptops

Dell 7577

CPUi7 7700HQ RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: GTX1060 Max-q HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM  SSDNVMe 512GB SCREEN: 4k IPS 15.6"

Macbook pro 2018

CPUi7 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Radeon Pro 555X 4GB Storage256GB SCREEN: 15"

Learn how to use curl

Write script

profit

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?