I have a problem with XMP, could use some help!

Dimatkach26

So whenever I use XMP my windows does a "double boot" when I start it (fans ramp up and down to 100% twice and screen loads after the second time)

I have Trident Z 3200mhz 2x8 RAM with ASROCK AB350 Pro4 and using the XMP default profile sets it to 3200 while the auto profile without XMP is only set at 2133 but has no double boot.

I have looked via CPU-Z and the speeds look fine, with XMP it is about 1596 and without it is around 1060 from what I remember.

I could use some help here guys, first time I am building a computer and doing this. I have no other overclocks and I don't plan on any I just want the RAM to run normally and I am not sure if this harms my computer in any way I mean I could probably keep it like this since CPU-Z says the speed is fine and on bios main page the speeds show at 3200mhz but I would like to solve this if there is a way and know if it harms my computer if I leave the XMP on and let the double boots continue.

Thanks for help!

Does it double boot every time or just after setting the XMP profile?  I remember mine doing the double on the initial boot, but not after.

3 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Does it double boot every time or just after setting the XMP profile?  I remember mine doing the double on the initial boot, but not after.

It only happen with XMP enabled

When XMP is disabled and my default speeds are set to 2133 there is no problems at all and boots instantly

The RAM speed still runs at 3200mhz(or so it says in CPU-Z) after I enable XMP and the double boot happens

No, sorry, what I mean is after you enable it, does it double boot on every start up.  If so then yes there is something not right there, but double booting isn't the end of the world.

16 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

No, sorry, what I mean is after you enable it, does it double boot on every start up.  If so then yes there is something not right there, but double booting isn't the end of the world.

Yes it double boots on every startup

I really don't mind the double boot, I've checked CPU-Z and task manager and the RAM runs at 3200, I am only worried that the double boots harm my PC in any way

19 minutes ago, Dimatkach26 said:

Yes it double boots on every startup

I really don't mind the double boot, I've checked CPU-Z and task manager and the RAM runs at 3200, I am only worried that the double boots harm my PC in any way

Try this.

workaround for you to avoid double boot:

1. Please press [F9] to load BIOS default setting in advance.

2. Under OC Tweaker tab, please load XMP profile for your memory module.

3. Adjust the BCLK Frequency to default value "100".

4. Adjust the DRAM frequency to "3200" manually.

5. Save the setting and exit.

36 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Try this.

workaround for you to avoid double boot:

1. Please press [F9] to load BIOS default setting in advance.

2. Under OC Tweaker tab, please load XMP profile for your memory module.

3. Adjust the BCLK Frequency to default value "100".

4. Adjust the DRAM frequency to "3200" manually.

5. Save the setting and exit.

I've done everything besides step 3, I can't find that option anywhere and the problem is the same.