Computer Freezes at random without reason.

I built my PC around 1 year ago, and I've had this problem since the beginning. My PC has a FX-9590 and a GTX 1060 with 16gb DDR3 ram powered by a 700w PSU. Whenever I run games (any game) both my monitors will freeze and my fans would kick up to 100%.The most recent time this happened was when i was playing BF4 with spotify in the background, and the only way to get it back to normal is by restarting my PC. This is really annoying and I would really appreciate any help with this

-Thank You

23 minutes ago, TheC4Gaming said:

Underclock your CPU to like 4.5ghz at maybe 1.4V or less

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

(I am answering off my phone so please excuse the horrible typed English)

I (personally) do not recommend using separate manufactured cards just due to the fact that it does cause some driver issues.

Which leads me to say check to see if your drivers are up to date. This can easily solve a lot of issues. Second, is I would play on one screen and see if you can have task manager open on the other (not personally tested). See if before the computer freezes, what app is eating the power of your pc. Test some of these minor issues to kind of get a person who may have more time then myself to really test it out.

Few more things to mention to someone. When you are talking about "fans" are you referring to the gpu fans? (For clarification) This can help someone determine where the issue may be.

Have you dusted out your pc? Sometimes shorts can be caused by horrible dust collected in a psu. Making a starved gpu can cause freezing also.

Have you tried testing it on a third party app? Try running gpu benchmarks. See how high your temps are getting. This could lead to the idea that one of your cards may be failing. I'm sorry I cannot help much right now but try to do some trouble shooting and return here with a bit more information to help them help you. :-)

Good day to you!!!

3 minutes ago, Knightfall3n said:

Now what happened there?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Thank You i will do the things you told me and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Now what happened there?

What happened where?

Just now, Knightfall3n said:

What happened where?

Doesn't seem like your post related to anything, like it was the wrong thread.

I put my money on the 9590 being the issue, as it's usually the case with it. Way overloads the PSU.

Spoiler

I was basically trying to just have him do some more troubleshooting to increase the help he may get from someone who has more time then myself. Drivers, power, what is actually capping out computer resources that May or may not be causing the crashes and things of that sort. Along with some basic maint. For any issues he may have in the future with psu. Trying to control what is causing the crashes makes it easier to figure out the problem. 

There is a number of things that could be at fault here:

1- The PSU

2- The windows installation

3- When you try to have more then one thing open, you are using all the computers resources. 

If the PSU is a cheap one then its probably not outputting the needed wattage, or its just terrible and breaking when you start requiring a lot of power from it. If its not a cheap one then it might be on its way out ,  but I would not rule anything else out yet

2- The windows installation may be broken, I have seen it many times before when a computer crashes its down to windows needing to be reinstalled. It could also be a driver clash. I once had my audio and graphics driver clash, that was a pain. 

3- If the game is incredibly demanding then you may be using "all the computers power", and the crash is windows trying to free of the load, I think that is very unlikely to be honest. 

I would try installing windows onto another drive and just download one game and see if it crashes or borrow a PSU and try with that. My money is on the windows installation though to be honest.  

Have you tried turning it off and on again?