Autodiscover / certificate issue

Dujith

We are running a small server with SBS2011 which has Exchange 2010 on it.

Atm i am working to get everything ready for some new computers with W10 and Office 2016. I found out that autodiscover was not correctly setup.

That is fixed now but the problem i run into is our certificate.

The certificate in question is only for intern.xxxxxxxx.nl

One of the things i had todo to get autodiscover to work is create autodiscover.xxxxxx.nl since xxxxxxxx.nl goes to our site which is running on a hosted provider where our exchange server is not :D 

now i keep getting the warning that the certificate has a name mismatch. (minor issue, either click through it or do a regedit change)

Now my question is this: Is this something i can change with the the DNS service? i think CNAME wont work?

Or do i need to upgrade the single name certificate to either a wildcard one of with the added autodiscover?

Depending on cost you could get a wildcard cert but it's often cheaper to get a SAN cert and specify the FQDN of each secure URL/Server/A/CNAME you need to use SSL for.

The other option is to use the CA role (if SBS has it) to issue a cert to the server which will easily work for any domain joined computer, with every Subject Alternative Name required specified when issuing it.

7 hours ago, leadeater said:

Depending on cost you could get a wildcard cert but it's often cheaper to get a SAN cert and specify the FQDN of each secure URL/Server/A/CNAME you need to use SSL for.

The other option is to use the CA role (if SBS has it) to issue a cert to the server which will easily work for any domain joined computer, with every Subject Alternative Name required specified when issuing it.

I'll get a price for the SAN since i will only need 2. autodiscover and intern

This will be the easiest option since i do not have alot of experience with advanced options within the server.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:38 PM, Dujith said:

I'll get a price for the SAN since i will only need 2. autodiscover and intern

This will be the easiest option since i do not have alot of experience with advanced options within the server.

On 12/9/2017 at 11:55 AM, leadeater said:

I have found a cheap wildcard SSL certificate from SSL2BUY.com. The certificate is issued by AlphaSSL. I paid £85 for 3 years. 

Link.

https://www.ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.