I need help choosing a new monitor

gnaby2
Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,
18 minutes ago, gnaby2 said:

the AOC 1440p 144hz

27'' is too small for 4K anyways.

i'm typing this on a 27'' 1440p monitor right now and i can tell you it's already stupid smooth and crisp..it wouldnt be of any use to have that many more pixels on a monitor of this size.

Hi, since Christmas is coming around, I am now looking to treat myself with a new monitor. However I don't know which to choose. What I value the most is that It's 24 inch or higher (probably not an ultrawide tho) and that it has a panel that looks as good as an IPS panel or that is an IPS panel and that it is adjustable. Features that would be nice to have: 4K and 144Hz+ refresh rate and I don't care about response time as long as it's less than 15ms. My budget would be about $600 but if something that is really good is at $800, i'll see what I can do since i am really looking for quality don't don't mind spending a bit more if it means that I am getting that.

This one looks pretty good, although refresh rate is only 60Hz: http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD88-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor

I doubt you'll be able to get 4K 144Hz at your budget, but this is after all the season of perpetual hope!

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, gnaby2 said:

Features that would be nice to have: 4K and 144Hz+

no moniter with both of those is currently avalible, and when they are, they will cost upwards of 2000$

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

This one looks pretty good, although refresh rate is only 60Hz: http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UD88-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor

I doubt you'll be able to get 4K 144Hz at your budget, but this is after all the season of perpetual hope!

I like it, but it doesn't have to be both at once, it can be one or the other

4 minutes ago, gnaby2 said:

Hi, since Christmas is coming around, I am now looking to treat myself with a new monitor. However I don't know which to choose. What I value the most is that It's 24 inch or higher (probably not an ultrawide tho) and that it has a panel that looks as good as an IPS panel or that is an IPS panel and that it is adjustable. Features that would be nice to have: 4K and 144Hz+ refresh rate and I don't care about response time as long as it's less than 15ms. My budget would be about $600 but if something that is really good is at $800, i'll see what I can do since i am really looking for quality don't don't mind spending a bit more if it means that I am getting that.

is graphics card amd or nvidia?

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

4 minutes ago, gnaby2 said:

EDIT: doesn't have to be both 4K and 144Hz+ it can be one or the other

Just now, gnaby2 said:

I like it, but it doesn't have to be both at once, it can be one or the other

That'll probably be the best you can get, although if you configure display searches on pcpartpicker you can probably find others.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Just now, Thermosman said:

is graphics card amd or nvidia?

nvidia so G-sync

That'll probably be the best you can get, although if you configure display searches on pcpartpicker you can probably find others.

aight, thanks, i didn't think about pc parts picker thanks for the advice, i'll have a look <3

1 minute ago, gnaby2 said:

nvidia so G-sync

This is 27'' 2560x1440 IPS 165Hz Gsync...it's the cadillac of gaming monitor...it doesnt get any better than this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1317280-REG/aoc_27_ag271qg_high_performance_gaming.html

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

18 minutes ago, gnaby2 said:

the AOC 1440p 144hz

27'' is too small for 4K anyways.

i'm typing this on a 27'' 1440p monitor right now and i can tell you it's already stupid smooth and crisp..it wouldnt be of any use to have that many more pixels on a monitor of this size.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

25 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

This is 27'' 2560x1440 IPS 165Hz Gsync...it's the cadillac of gaming monitor...it doesnt get any better than this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1317280-REG/aoc_27_ag271qg_high_performance_gaming.html

What about the Predator X34 or Rog Swift PG348Q? Or even the Predator X27?

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What about the Predator X34 or Rog Swift PG348Q? Or even the Predator X27?

I think he is right about 4K, i don't really need it and i don't want an ultrawide really thanks tho

Edited by gnaby2

Just now, gnaby2 said:

I think he is right about 4K, i don't really need it

He's got a point, I've never used 4K in my life but still don't see a need or use for it under a 30" display.

He's got a point, I've never used 4K in my life but still don't see a need or use for it under a 30" display.

you have a point