Recomendations for phones unlocked or Sprint locked for $350 ish

chriscaruso8

Hey All, 

Currently in the market for a new phone, Stuck on sprint cause wifey accidentally renewed our contracts when she wanted a new phone instead of buying it unlocked, Not looking to spend more than $350, Could careless about 2017 bezel-less designs but care more about snappyness and ability to take quick photos when with the kids that dont look like I took it on a potato. Would prefer Refurbished or New, but wouldnt be opposed to used if it was a newer phone model. 

I currently have a Nexus 5x that I have loved for these last 3 years or so but after daily use I have blown out the headphone jack and the battery life is starting to slowly dwindle.

One of my friends sent me a link to the HTC Bolt thats going for $200 right now, and from the reviews its got a mixed results. He also recommended looking into used deals for the Pixel 1st gen obviously. But just curious to get some other opinions.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Essential phone for $400 with 360 degree camera. But it is only this cheap because of Cyber Monday. You literally have to order in the next 30min-1hr to get it that cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Worlds-Smallest-degree-Camera/dp/B075TNZDC7/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=cyber-monday&psr=EY17&ie=UTF8&qid=1511838367&sr=1-1&keywords=essential+phone&linkCode=sl1&tag=socialtech109-20&linkId=4f2c5cfd04d5153801da467f712929cf

Just now, Max_Settings said:

TF is that no name crap?

It's LeEco, pretty well known in Asia, actually extremely well known, my grandparents have heard about them and they don't know how to use YouTube

Think of it like Xiaomi but even more Asian

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

4 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Essential phone for $400 with 360 degree camera. But it is only this cheap because of Cyber Monday. You literally have to order in the next 30min-1hr to get it that cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-Worlds-Smallest-degree-Camera/dp/B075TNZDC7/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=cyber-monday&psr=EY17&ie=UTF8&qid=1511838367&sr=1-1&keywords=essential+phone&linkCode=sl1&tag=socialtech109-20&linkId=4f2c5cfd04d5153801da467f712929cf

Cheers, Saw this and was thinking about it haven't followed it super closely but I did hear about multiple problems with the Essential Phone, camera, screen, and reception, are these fixed?  Also dont worry bout the time I live in LA to ive got more time than you do :).

Just now, chriscaruso8 said:

Cheers, Saw this and was thinking about it haven't followed it super closely but I did hear about multiple problems with the Essential Phone, camera, screen, and reception, are these fixed?  Also dont worry bout the time I live in LA to ive got more time than you do :).

That’s a mixed bag. Some people have issues and others don’t, that happens a lot of lower end products. But not to sound rude, but you live in LA and can only afford $350 for a phone xD ?

3 minutes ago, chriscaruso8 said:

Is this Sprint compatible? I didn't think any of the Asian phones were accepted on Sprints network. 

Should support it. It's the US version, and it supports all Sprint bands except for LTE 12.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

Just now, Max_Settings said:

That’s a mixed bag. Some people have issues and others don’t, that happens a lot of lower end products. But not to sound rude, but you live in LA and can only afford $350 for a phone xD ?

Not that I cant afford more than,I financially could, but morally wont. I dont know I just cant wrap my head around spending $600+ dollars on a cellphone, I get it that these phones have all the bells and whistles but would rather save the money or spend it on something else like my kids haha. 

Will have to read some more reviews though, I would rather have a reliable phone than a pretty one. 

3 minutes ago, JDE said:

Should support it. It's the US version, and it supports all Sprint bands except for LTE 12.

Awesome Thanks will double check now!

12 minutes ago, chriscaruso8 said:

I just cant wrap my head around spending $600+ dollars on a cellphone,

You are really going to hate me then xD

52 minutes ago, chriscaruso8 said:

Is this Sprint compatible? I didn't think any of the Asian phones were accepted on Sprints network. 

48 minutes ago, JDE said:

Says specifically unlocked for GSM carriers. Sprints 3G network and below is CDMA. So no the phone most likley wont work. Unlocked phones generally are GSM only. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

38 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Says specifically unlocked for GSM carriers. Sprints 3G network and below is CDMA. So no the phone most likley wont work. Unlocked phones generally are GSM only. 

Yup that's what I found out when I was reading it, I purchased the essential phone, I'll give it a shot.