Trying to instal windows 7

Hipperpyah

Hi, soo basicly i want to instal windows 7 on my ssd. Atm ive got windows 10. I had to get in stafemode to get in bios, cause it turns on rly fast soo i wasnt able to get in bios cause it turned on too fast.

The thing that happens is when i get in bios use my Flash drive with windows 7, it goes ""Windows is instaling files" 2x times, then it stops and shows "winload.efi is missing or corrupt. I can put the ssd on different pc and just hard format it, would that help?

Sure you could try that.

Oh, and you should probably turn off secure boot if you have it on (just for a little while as you install)

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

4 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Sure you could try that.

Oh, and you should probably turn off secure boot if you have it on (just for a little while as you install)

I couldnt find it anywhere, i was thinking about it. But i couldnt find it. Ive got MSI H110M PRO-VD PLUS. I have 120gb ssd and 1tb hdd.

If your mobo has dual BIOS/UEFI, switch to BIOS, you'll be happier

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

If your mobo has dual BIOS/UEFI, switch to BIOS, you'll be happier

i have BIOS/UEFI or UEFI

Try disabling Secure Boot in the BIOS.

https://appuals.com/steps-to-fix-winload-efi-error-0xc0000001/

If you have a UEFI based computer instead of the old traditional BIOS, then the issue can be caused by a certain setting in UEFI called Secure Boot. It can stop your system from accessing the winload.efi file causing this error to appear.

Also, make sure you have USB 3.0 drivers added to your Windows 7 installer on the flash drive, if you're connecting it to a USB 3.0 port. Because Windows 7 doesn't have USB 3.0 drivers by default, and they need to be added.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

8 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Try disabling Secure Boot in the BIOS.

https://appuals.com/steps-to-fix-winload-efi-error-0xc0000001/

Also, make sure you have USB 3.0 drivers added to your Windows 7 installer on the flash drive, if you're connecting it to a USB 3.0 port. Because Windows 7 doesn't have USB 3.0 drivers by default, and they need to be added.

I found it, disabled it, used usb 2 flash drive with usb 2 port. Everything worked had no problems to get in setup. But after then it asked for dvd drivers or whatever, i tried everything

But didnt get it to work, downloaded some drivers from intel, put them on drive from different pc, still didnt work. Soo i instaled windows 10. For a "suprise" it worked with 0 problems, but as i said, i wanted win 7 instead of win10

4 hours ago, Hipperpyah said:

I found it, disabled it, used usb 2 flash drive with usb 2 port. Everything worked had no problems to get in setup. But after then it asked for dvd drivers or whatever, i tried everything

But didnt get it to work, downloaded some drivers from intel, put them on drive from different pc, still didnt work. Soo i instaled windows 10. For a "suprise" it worked with 0 problems, but as i said, i wanted win 7 instead of win10

If you burned the ISO to a DVD, it would probably install without issues, since these driver issues seem to always be associated with installing Windows 7 via USB. Looking up the DVD driver error, it can occur if the USB drive loses its connection during the installation, or if a particular driver is missing. The required driver can be downloaded and added to the installation.

I'm guessing that you probably already watched these and did tried what they show.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

On 11/17/2017 at 3:19 AM, Delicieuxz said:

If you burned the ISO to a DVD, it would probably install without issues, since these driver issues seem to always be associated with installing Windows 7 via USB. Looking up the DVD driver error, it can occur if the USB drive loses its connection during the installation, or if a particular driver is missing. The required driver can be downloaded and added to the installation.

I'm guessing that you probably already watched these and did tried what they show.

Yeah, both didnt work for me, prop if i used a dvd i could do it, but i dont have cd writer in my pc, soo i cant do that.