Is this delidding service an okay deal?

I'm getting an i9 7980xe and heard about that delidding and liquid metal process that lowers the temps. I came across this site and noticed there are other factors with the GHz:

https://siliconlottery.com/collections/all/intel-i9-7980xe

Is that first one an okay deal? The 4.2 GHz. I don't know much about this topic and wanted some advice from you experts.

Thanks!

I mean it's a 10% increase in price, but it's an i9, and you are probably spending another $8000 on the pc (custom loop included) if you are deciding to delid.  I think the $200 increase for something that has no greater chance of breaking over a regular i9 is justified.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

14 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

I mean it's a 10% increase in price, but it's an i9, and you are probably spending another $8000 on the pc (custom loop included) if you are deciding to delid.  I think the $200 increase for something that has no greater chance of breaking over a regular i9 is justified.

Thanks for the reply man, I wanted to know actually about the other factor with the GHz. Like the first one is 4.2 GHz for 2200 bucks. Is that a bad lottery if I see others overclocking to 4.6 and up?

You could always buy a retail chip and send it to them to have it delidded.  That is what I did.  Rolling the dice is fun.

https://siliconlottery.com/collections/sl/products/delid?variant=45398763980

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB