Multiple users on one PC simultaneously

Hey Guys & thanks in advance!

Can me and my girfriend use same PC at the same time?

-Two monitors

-Two mice

-Two keyboards
-Two games

I have quite powerfull PC (NCASE M1, 1080ti, 7700k, 32gb, custom water A240G) so it would be nice if i could play CSGO and my Girlfriend (imaginary) could play some other game.

All the internet says - NOT POSSIBLE - but this is LINUS, so im sure they should find some solution to impossible tasks. (like cut pc in half or something else)

Linus does have a video about something like this, i think it was 8 gamers 1 pc? I would check that out to see what they were using and how they achieved it.

GPU passthrough in a VM isn't universal, bear that in mind. Most (all?) of the free VM software out there doesn't support that feature.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

GPU passthrough in a VM isn't universal, bear that in mind. Most (all?) of the free VM software out there doesn't support that feature.

KVM does, and is free. Just not super user friendly, compared to VirtualBox/similar.

Entirely dooable but you need a 2nd GPU. And you would lose 1/2 your CPU performance to the other "computer" .

Checkout this for more info 

~ Main Rig ~

- Ryzen 9 3950X 16 Core 32 Threads - EVGA 3090 KINGPIN HYBRID - 32GB DDR4 3600mhz - 

- 6TB SSD Array + 2TB MP600 NVME Gen4 Boot - 

- Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER - Lian li O11 Dynamic XL - NZXT Kraken X73 + 16 Noctua NF-A12x25 Fans - 

~ Accessories ~

- Logitech G915 + G903 - LG C9 OLED PG279Q 27'' [1440p 165hz G-Sync] +  PG27AQ27'' [4k 60hz G-Sync] -
2x 1440p Portrait 25'' Dell - DT 990 Pro Headphones -

~ Servers ~

- 100TB NAS + Server's w/ 6700k - 32 + 64GB Ram - NVME Boot - Gigabit Unlimited Fiber -

To avoid as much problems as possible you should buy 2nd GPU.

And when you say that you have powerfull PC ... i7 7700k is 4c/8t CPU. So if you devide that by half, you will get dual core with hyperthreading. So something like i3.

Not to mention that if you use unRAID you usually assign 1 core just for it. So you would be left with 3c/6t when using unRAID.

Something like Ryzen would come in hadny here.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

5 hours ago, LukasFragas said:

Hey Guys & thanks in advance!

Can me and my girfriend use same PC at the same time?

-Two monitors

-Two mice

-Two keyboards
-Two games

I have quite powerfull PC (NCASE M1, 1080ti, 7700k, 32gb, custom water A240G) so it would be nice if i could play CSGO and my Girlfriend (imaginary) could play some other game.

All the internet says - NOT POSSIBLE - but this is LINUS, so im sure they should find some solution to impossible tasks. (like cut pc in half or something else)

Yes and no.

You could do this with unRAID, assuming you picked up another GPU.

What it would do is create to Virtual Machines - each with Windows installed. Then you'd pass one GPU to each VM, along with a set of KB+M+Monitor.

But honestly, it's a hassle, and not normally worth the effort.

You can create a CS:GO box for pretty damn cheap.

Go watch 2 gamers one CPU:

You might also want to watch the follow up videos, as they might provide additional insight.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)