Replacement fans for aging Corsair H100i?

elKz

I'm running a i7 4770K at 4.6Ghz and have done for years now without any heat issue, just recently I've noticed that my H100i seems to be having slightly more trouble than usual keeping the CPU cool. I used to average 62c when gaming at near full load but as of recent I'm struggling to stay clear of 80c which is a number I'd like to stay well below If possible.

Could anyone suggest what fans would be a good replacement for the stock H100i? I'm not too bothered about price, I just want to get the temp down to a lower 70c or around there.

[Edit]

Idle: 41c

Full load: 82c

8 minutes ago, elKz said:

I'm running a i7 4770K at 4.6Ghz and have done for years now without any heat issue, just recently I've noticed that my H100i seems to be having slightly more trouble than usual keeping the CPU cool. I used to average 62c when gaming at near full load but as of recent I'm struggling to stay clear of 80c which is a number I'd like to stay well below If possible.

Could anyone suggest what fans would be a good replacement for the stock H100i? I'm not too bothered about price, I just want to get the temp down to a lower 70c or around there.

[Edit]

Idle: 41c

Full load: 82c

somehow I think fans will make little difference to the real tempeatures. could it be that you are in Australia and it' becoming warmer? :p.

Anyway I would suggest Noctua Nf F12

6 minutes ago, For Science! said:

somehow I think fans will make little difference to the real tempeatures. could it be that you are in Australia and it' becoming warmer? :p.

Anyway I would suggest Noctua Nf F12

Quite the opposite, the colder it gets here in England the warmer my PC seems to get. Makes complete logical sense, right?

I was just looking at different brands/models, I know investing in RGB fans for a cooler isn't the greatest idea but would the Corsair LL120 be any good? I was just thinking I could use them for the time being until I do my next build and buy a new cooler and everything anyway.

[Edit]

I was watching a video just a day or two ago on YouTube by Bitwit and I believe he dropped his temps 10c just by switching the fans on a H110i.

2 minutes ago, elKz said:

Personally I think the LL fans are way overpriced. I don't know how they perform up against a radiator.

Have you tried to remount the cooler and changing the thermal paste? maybe it' getting a bit old. 

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Personally I think the LL fans are way overpriced. I don't know how they perform up against a radiator.

Have you tried to remount the cooler and changing the thermal paste? maybe it' getting a bit old. 

Unfortunately, I have done and It hasn't made the slight bit of difference. I've cleaned the radiator, fans etc and then remounted and pasted. 

The Noctua are £17, LL120 are £25 so It's not a massive difference when I only need 2 right now, thankfully.

5 minutes ago, elKz said:

Unfortunately, I have done and It hasn't made the slight bit of difference. I've cleaned the radiator, fans etc and then remounted and pasted. 

The Noctua are £17, LL120 are £25 so It's not a massive difference when I only need 2 right now, thankfully.

If you think it' worth it, go for it I guess. if you went with Noctuas you can probably get a few pints at the pub as well :P

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

If you think it' worth it, go for it I guess. if you went with Noctuas you can probably get a few pints at the pub as well :P

If I still drank, I'd literally take your advice and get the Noctuas lol. But I've just watched them drop 10c off of a H110i from stock fans so I'm hoping I get the same result!