What GPU would go well with a 6300FX

BrianBrian420

In the market to upgrade my Pc as its not very good, It currently has a MSI GTX 1050Ti a AMD 4300 FX 8 GB of DDR3 ram. So I am going to get a 6300 FX but don't know what GPU to get any help.

Thanks in advance

As a fx6300 user I wouldn't recommend upgrading from the 4300 to the 6300. A mate of mine had an identical pc to mine but with a 4300 instead of a 6300. Our fps in games were identical. Also his 4300 overclocked like a tank.

As for gpu a 1060 6gb or if you can afford it a 1070 are both good choices.

Don't get the 6300, it'll bottleneck the R9 280 a lot, even overclocked. Don't invest into AM3+. Either get a used LGA1155 platform, or a new LGA1151 v2 or AM4 platform. 

:)

A 6300 is barely an improvement at this point. I'd pinch pennies for Ryzen 3 or a G4560 system.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

My vote goes to the FX-0000. 

CFL and Ryzen are better and likely less expensive (cost over time) alternatives to FX. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Don't get the 6300, it'll bottleneck the R9 280 a lot, even overclocked. Don't invest into AM3+. Either get a used LGA1155 platform, or a new LGA1151 v2 or AM4 platform. 

Thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

any reason to go LGA1155 over LGA1150?

The FX6300 probably wont see you off any large amount better in terms of framereates, an FX8350 might see you off a bit better. either way a 1050TI is about as far as id go before id consider a platform upgrade

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

any reason to go LGA1155 over LGA1150?

Because Sandy Bridge is awesome. Haswell/Broadwell should cost more, and not offer that much better performance. Of course, if it was between an equivalent LGA1155 and LGa1150 platform, and both cost the same, I would take the newer LGA1150 platform. 

1 minute ago, BrianBrian420 said:

So should get a ga ab350 gaming 3 with a ryzen 3 ?

Go for it or an i3-8100.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Go for it or an i3-8100.

Ok I will take it into consideration.

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

Because Sandy Bridge is awesome. Haswell/Broadwell should cost more, and not offer that much better performance. Of course, if it was between an equivalent LGA1155 and LGa1150 platform, and both cost the same, I would take the newer LGA1150 platform. 

there was a nice IPC bump and clock speeds bump from 2nd gen to 4th and buying into a platform where you can get the I7 4790K later if you need it just seems like a better deal then being stuck on an I7 2600K as your top chip. im pretty sure you would see the I5 4690K win in most cases tbh

1 minute ago, BrianBrian420 said:

thats a decent option, should beat this by a nice amount but first get the GPU. and dont just lock yourself in to that idea either, because once the B and H series boards for 8th gen Intel drop, that platform will make a lot more sense

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

there was a nice IPC bump and clock speeds bump from 2nd gen to 4th and buying into a platform where you can get the I7 4790K later if you need it just seems like a better deal then being stuck on an I7 2600K as your top chip. im pretty sure you would see the I5 4690K win in most cases tbh

thats a decent option, should beat this by a nice amount but first get the GPU. and dont just lock yourself in to that idea either, because once the B and H series boards for 8th gen Intel drop, that platform will make a lot more sense

Ok this has helped a lot thanks guys.

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

You would be surprised.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2867-intel-i7-2600k-2017-benchmark-vs-7700k-1700-more/page-3

5 minutes ago, BrianBrian420 said:

Not a Gigabyte board, but Ryzen 1200 is a very decent upgrade. Should cost a bit less than the 8100 + Z370. 

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

where its winning its marginal, and then it gets crushed by the I7 4790K so what point were you proving here? because i see that as going against you more then for you. you buy yourself into a platform that locks you down to a top chip that just about wins over a 4th gen I5 and getting the I5 4th gen platform lets you drop in a chip that winns over the 2600K even overclocked, while running the stock speeds...

Builds:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

where its winning its marginal, and then it gets crushed by the I7 4790K so what point were you proving here? because i see that as going against you more then for you. you buy yourself into a platform that locks you down to a top chip that just about wins over a 4th gen I5 and getting the I5 4th gen platform lets you drop in a chip that winns over the 2600K even overclocked, while running the stock speeds...

Considering its around the same priced as a used 4690K, and roughly half the price of a used 4790K (eBay prices), it's very decent. 

But fair enough.