Help with CORBA Java

micash41

Definitely a long shot, but if anyone on these forums is familiar with using CORBA with the java language to create a small program for a class I would appreciate any incite. Its due Sunday and I've spent every day searching the web this week but cant figure out this assignment. I have already done a basic version of the assignment but all goes to hell when doing multiple interfaces. Just respond if you are even familiar with CORBA.

I took a class in which the professor gave about a week (two lessons) about CORBA. In his words "This thing is ancient and I would be surprised if even one of you ever used it". Imagine my surprise when I heard the other day a coworker asking about how to do something with CORBA. I don't really remember much but post the assignment and what you already got and I might be able to somewhat guide you in the right direction, I'm pretty sure I still have the class slides around somewhere.

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

lol yeah it definately seems a bit outdated or there was another method that was more popular. This type of stuff is not up my alley. 

there are the final project instructions. then the second doc is what the prof gave as an example. But the example uses one interface while the project asks you to use two. On google the only example of it is a bank example and my professor has sort have been telling me to do a bank example where one interface is for Withdraw and another for Deposit. Im fine with creating an interface and with the methods they might use but i dont understand how the server and client is meant to serve two different interfaces.

Final_Project_Instructions(1).docx

Final Project Resources FG.docx

oh crap, I'm really sorry, I've been reading the slides from that class and the exercise I had to do and I'm not completely  sure I even understand them, let alone explain it to someone else.

Good luck with it

The best way to measure the quality of a piece of code is "Oh F*** "s per line

Lol you're good. It's some confusing stuff and there's not a lot of people who use it so not much community support out there. Not sure why I must learn it but hopefully my grades are good enough to just skip the assignment. Thanks anyways