Desaturated colors

Go to solution Solved by Crunken,
2 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

I kept brightness at 50% cause it really hurts my eyes and also bleeding light. Picture mode is on fps cause im to lazy to change it depending on what im doing. I dont see any colors looking off.

Seems to be photoshop related then (and only in the color picker menu) because otherwise the color looks fine

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

unknown.png

yes that yellow isn't very saturated , so your problem appears to be photoshop and not hardware related

And the admin pop up thing wasn't the color i thought it was :P So the only problem is in photoshop and not hardware/windows related

Hey, so for like the past 3 weeks my display has been acting a little bit wierd, some colors are way more desaturated then others (mostly yellow) but the wierd thing is when i google pictures of yellow it looks fine but in photoshop and the admin message are a washed out yellow

got a benq XL2411Z and a gtx 970, tried different color profiles on the monitor but still a difference, haven't changed anything in windows

When you say "photoshop", are you using it in conjunction with photography, or simply gfx editing?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

When you say "photoshop", are you using it in conjunction with photography, or simply gfx editing?

A bit of both but mostly gfx, but there's difference in the color picker menu and the canvas itself which is kind of strange

grab a yellow picture off google and open it in photoshop and put google and photoshop side by side and see if they look the same.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

grab a yellow picture off google and open it in photoshop and put google and photoshop side by side and see if they look the same.

it the same color on the canvas but a different color shade on the color picker (and i picked the exact same as the pic i pasted in)

1 minute ago, Crunken said:

it the same color on the canvas but a different color shade on the color picker (and i picked the exact same as the pic i pasted in)

you might try creativecow then to get help with photoshop as this would appear to be an issue with that specific program and not your monitor.

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

you might try creativecow then to get help with photoshop as this would appear to be an issue with that specific program and not your monitor.

The wierd thing is the admin pop-up though, it seems to be desaturated aswell (don't know how saturated it should be though) but those are the only 2 things i can see right now

You might want to consider a different monitor if you are doing color sensitive work. xl2411x as ass awful color. Spent 10 minutes on photo editing assignment and moved it to my other monitor to have random colors all mismatched because the panel type and it being gaming oriented

The wierd thing is the admin pop-up though, it seems to be desaturated aswell (don't know how saturated it should be though) but those are the only 2 things i can see right now

what "admin popup"?

1 minute ago, tp95112 said:

You might want to consider a different monitor if you are doing color sensitive work. xl2411x as ass awful color. Spent 10 minutes on photo editing assignment and moved it to my other monitor to have random colors all mismatched because the panel type and it being gaming oriented

Yeah i've been using my second monitor more for photo editing and gfx, but there's still a difference in some colors that are supposed to be the same on the XL2411Z (admin pop up, etc)

Just now, Crunken said:

Yeah i've been using my second monitor more for photo editing and gfx, but there's still a difference in some colors that are supposed to be the same on the XL2411Z (admin pop up, etc)

Im guessing maybe viewing angle is causing issues

Just now, emosun said:

what "admin popup"?

When you open or install a program where it says "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device"

Just now, tp95112 said:

Im guessing maybe viewing angle is causing issues

Have tried in different places on the monitor and as close as i can get together (like maybe 10-20 pixels)

When you open or install a program where it says "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device"

unknown.png

yes that yellow isn't very saturated , so your problem appears to be photoshop and not hardware related

Just now, Crunken said:

Have tried in different places on the monitor and as close as i can get together (like maybe 10-20 pixels)

I noticed when I got my monitor(same one) colors were not the best but it's a TN gaming monitor and comparing it my asus proart ips. I cranked digital brightness up. Changed picture modes. Blur reduction off.

Just now, tp95112 said:

I noticed when I got my monitor(same one) colors were not the best but it's a TN gaming monitor and comparing it my asus proart ips. I cranked digital brightness up. Changed picture modes. Blur reduction off.

What picture mode/settings are you using right now? i'm using 100% brightness on the monitor and the "normal" color mode in the "standard" picture mode, blur reduction off

Just now, Crunken said:

What picture mode/settings are you using right now? i'm using 100% brightness on the monitor and the "normal" color mode in the "standard" picture mode, blur reduction off

I kept brightness at 50% cause it really hurts my eyes and also bleeding light. Picture mode is on fps cause im to lazy to change it depending on what im doing. I dont see any colors looking off.

2 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

Seems to be photoshop related then (and only in the color picker menu) because otherwise the color looks fine

8 minutes ago, emosun said:

unknown.png

And the admin pop up thing wasn't the color i thought it was :P So the only problem is in photoshop and not hardware/windows related