Are there any 27" 4K IPS monitors that are worth buying under 350£ GBP?

pipnina

I've done a few searches, and found most highly-rated 4K screens are 550£ upwards. I don't have a need for perfectly calibrated screens that can produce colours with delta E of 1.3 or something silly, just a 27" 4K IPS panel for photo editing, programming and maybe watching video. Despite the implied need for accurate colours with photo editing, I really only need something that produces better colour & contrast than my TN gaming panel and since my camera effectively throws out 8K photos, a 1080p (or even 1440p) monitor is a bit underwhelming.

Part of my trouble could be that I'm in the UK, and while it's no Australia or South Africa for electronics prices it's still much more expensive than the US. A DELL monitor (P2715Q 27") cost $440 USD, but it cost £550 GBP (Amazon prices) despite the pound being stronger than the dollar.

well, if i go to pcpartpicker the only monitor under 350 pounds, with 4k and ips is the one found here. so maybe try to get a bigger budget or go down in resolution

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

1 minute ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

well, if i go to pcpartpicker the only monitor under 350 pounds, with 4k and ips is the one found here. so maybe try to get a bigger budget or go down in resolution

I didn't think about using PCPP, that's a good idea, thanks!

Or go second hand/used on eBay.

There you go. But only if you're close to the seller as it's collection only. But you get the idea. You could even make an offer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-P2715Q-4K-Ultra-HD-Widescreen-IPS-Display-3840x2160-60Hz-/192329425460?hash=item2cc7ba2234:g:tjYAAOSwNglZ2~ud

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz