GPU working but no display. Need help finding issue

So today i turned on my PC and it booted nicely without any issue and when i turned on the WIFI icon to turn on the internet my display went black for a couple of seconds and it came back again. I was like meh, and i turned on my game Ryse son of Rome that i had already played several times. even that booted up nicely, went through all the loading screens and right at the moment i entered the game and saw the surroundings for like a second and the screen went full black and completely lost signal from PC. there were no game sounds too.i hit the restart button from the case and there on i get no signal to my monitor. i restarted several times like this and still nothing. the computer keeps working without giving any beeps or anything. i switched to my onboard gpu and switched on the computer and that works. it receives signal to monitor. so i took my gpu out, there was a bit of dust and i blew them out and plugged it back in and the screen stayed black for a couple of seconds and i received signal to my monitor. i went back and tried my game ryse son of rome, went through the loading screens once more stayed there for like 30 seconds (usually the game takes at least a minute to load in my PC)and it went black again by losing signal but this time it went during the loading screens. what could be the reason for this problem. the gpu wasnt hot either. my gpu is a gtx 660,mobo is a Asrock G41m - S3 and PSU is a EVGA 650W 

I'm sorry to hear you are facing difficulties with your GTX660 :(

are other games working without any issues? This might just be game specific.

If other games show the same result I would try uninstalling the Nvidia drivers using DDU and reinstall the latest driver from the Nvidia website.

Just now, Ansuex said:

I'm sorry to hear you are facing difficulties with your GTX660 :(

are other games working without any issues? This might just be game specific.

If other games show the same result I would try uninstalling the Nvidia drivers using DDU and reinstall the latest driver from the Nvidia website.

Well i only tried this game so far and i have played it a great number of times. About the drivers, i thought about it too but i dont even get display in the POST screen.  

I thought you were still able to at least get the GPU to POST.

This could be because your PC is trying to look at the internal GPU now.

You might want to change this setting in your Motherboard BIOS.

If you have changed this and your GPU does not POST I'm really out of suggestions.

You could try to discharge your PC by taking the power cable out of PC and pressing the power button a couple of times, put the power cable back and boot the system again.

Also you could try the GPU in another system, see if the GPU is at least functioning like normal. 

1 minute ago, Ansuex said:

If you have changed this and your GPU does not POST I'm really out of suggestions.

You could try to discharge your PC by taking the power cable out of PC and pressing the power button a couple of times, put the power cable back and boot the system again.

Also you could try the GPU in another system, see if the GPU is at least functioning like normal. 

i do not have another system to try this at the moment and i havent changed anything in BIOS. My computer is also booting up even though i get no display, the gpu fans spin normal speed and temperature is also not hot at all when i touched it. i got a friend who know to work with these things. ill try everything possible and leave a reply here of the status. Thanks for suggesting ur opinions :) 

6 hours ago, Ansuex said:

ok when i turned it on after like an hour it worked again and i was able to get signal to my monitor and after a couple of minutes lost signal again. when it happened we noticed that the gpu fan speed has increased but it wasnt hot at all. however we took the gpu apart and did some cleaning, there were a considerable amount of dust in it but no signs of burn marks or anything like that. we even put some new thermal paste also. we put it back together and plugged it in and the PC wouldnt turn on. we removed the gpu and tried to turn it on using on board gpu it still didnt turn on.after few hours of troubleshooting we found out that the PSU has gone bad too as the PC turned on with my old psu. we tried plugging in the card with the old psu, but that psu had no 6 pin connector, however when we turned the PC on with the gpu plugged in we got no display to the monitor even though PC was running. at the moment we dont have another PSU with a 6pin connector with us but we would like to know if its possible or not to get display without that 6 pin connector plugged in so that we know the GPU is atleast good? 

I think you should be able to get the GPU to post without the 6 or 8 pin power connector connected. Atleast my old Geforce 9600GT did so :)

I don't think it would and most gpu boards don't have any way telling you I need more 12V please... posting 5 beeps would be No VGA bios error!!

First dissconnect AC power !!!!

Connect 12 V (Yellow) and Gnd (Black) from your old HDD power connectors, just strip the ends of four or six cables (about 1.5 mm2 / 15 AWG), to two or three HDD connectors, and push them in the holes! On the PCIe stide its male pins but it should work against the isolating walls!

Gnd is on the side where the lock is! Or get a HDD to PCIe converter, ussually Two old HDD connectors to one PCIe 6-pin connector.

Just look/think two or three times to see you connected it right, before connecting AC power and powering up.

10 hours ago, Ansuex said:

I think you should be able to get the GPU to post without the 6 or 8 pin power connector connected. Atleast my old Geforce 9600GT did so :)

i tried it, the computer keeps on and working but i dont get any signal to monitor. not even to post. the gpu fan kept spinning fast throughout. im not sure if i didnt get display here because of a problem in gpu or maybe it just doesnt work without a 6 pin connector. 

8 hours ago, Bektorkhan said:

I don't think it would and most gpu boards don't have any way telling you I need more 12V please... posting 5 beeps would be No VGA bios error!!

First dissconnect AC power !!!!

Connect 12 V (Yellow) and Gnd (Black) from your old HDD power connectors, just strip the ends of four or six cables (about 1.5 mm2 / 15 AWG), to two or three HDD connectors, and push them in the holes! On the PCIe stide its male pins but it should work against the isolating walls!

Gnd is on the side where the lock is! Or get a HDD to PCIe converter, ussually Two old HDD connectors to one PCIe 6-pin connector.

Just look/think two or three times to see you connected it right, before connecting AC power and powering up.

hello, do u know any method to check the power in the 12V rail using a multi meter when the gpu is plugged in and under load. 

Sure, just measure it in the PCIe connector (black 3 wires closest to lock is Gnd, Yellow furthest away from the lock is +12V) , the probes should be able to feel the connectors while the connector is connected. 

Just push them in aside the cables, tested now and they should stay in place, diagonally GND in one corner and +12V in the oposite..   _:::`` . If you have a current probe put all black or yellow through it!!