Why are my temps so damn high?

xitalisk

my A12-9800 in a NZXT S340 with all fan mounts populated using the stock cooler and im idling at around 60 degrees Celsius
in fact the inc stock cooler base doesnt even fully cover the CPU ihs  

i am not happy with AMD on this one its pretty freaking bad also my A12-9800 cant even reach its boost clock of 4.2Ghz wont go over 4Ghz

i am planing on buying an after market cooler but it seems to me that this isnt right the cooler that was bundled is utter trash 

22450794_617612538629325_614864940_o.jpg

22550791_618095558581023_580244947_o.jpg

22386198_616959572027955_1496314667_n.png

Try remounting the cooler. Is room temperature high? That is AMD's older style cooler and its terrible compared to the new ones.

That cooler is tiny, just like AMD's older stock coolers. it's simply too small.

buy something like the Cryorig H7

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

i havent tried to re attach the cooler as i dont have any thermal paste at the moment im more than certain its fitted correctly and you are correct on that its the older cooler that came in the box i feel kinda cheated to be honest i might just get a upgrade bracket for my AIO this system is an upgrade from a FM1 lol i know i am the potato lord hahaha just for shits n giggles i threw the old hardware into a crappy old case have a lol at this haha :D

22446809_617604868630092_48293811_n.jpg

haha yea i got my eye on the H7 quad lumi at the moment :D 

1 minute ago, xitalisk said:

i havent tried to re attach the cooler as i dont have any thermal paste at the moment

That's your biggest problem.  You NEED thermal paste.

But get a Cryorig H7.  It's the best budget cooler, and it comes with paste too.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

18 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

But get a Cryorig H7.  It's the best budget cooler, and it comes with paste too.

haha i just meant i dont have any lying around haha it has thermal paste on it now :3

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39683/cryorig-h7-quad-lumi-cpu-cooler
and it has the AM4 bracket in the box :D
and yea im ready to pull the trigger on that air cooler for sure just dont have the funds at the moment

2 minutes ago, xitalisk said:

haha i just meant i dont have any lying around haha :3 

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/39683/cryorig-h7-quad-lumi-cpu-cooler

and yea im ready to pull the trigger on that air cooler for sure just dont have the funds at the moment

It's cheaper on Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13C-000U-00019

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

nothing about this upgrade has been smooth lol
did a hot swap of the mobo cpu ram and booted into windows to have my boot drive die on me lol 
i had to update the bios to enable OC support (just wanted to set it to the advertised boost clock) RIP wont go past 4Ghz

Hopefully a new cooler will be my last hurdle with this build 

Spoiler
On 15/10/2017 at 8:46 PM, JoostinOnline said:

On 15/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, RadiatingLight said:

That cooler is tiny, just like AMD's older stock coolers. it's simply too small.

buy something like the Cryorig H7

On 15/10/2017 at 8:40 PM, tp95112 said:

Try remounting the cooler. Is room temperature high? That is AMD's older style cooler and its terrible compared to the new ones.

ok guys so after i installed the h7 all is good but i did notice an oddity in my temp readings im sure its a software or sensor bug but seeing this was un nerving 0.o i have never seen a bug mis reading like this in over 15 years of pc building as you can see here core temp is reporting a max temp of over 200.C D: clearly if it was an accurate reading my CPU would have melted but still i dont like seeing this any ideas?? 

i just remembered i had to download a new version of core temp to use it with this cpu so its probably just a core temp thing

Version 1.10.2 - 5th August, 2017

- New: Support for AMD Bristol Ridge APUs.

- Fix: 1.10 version crash on AMD processors or only populating temperature of first 1-2 cores.
- Fix: Add correct temperature offsets for AMD Ryzen Threadripper X1920 and X1950.
- Fix: In multi-socket AMD systems, switching into MiniMode would bring up all hidden windows of all running applications and services.
- Fix: Support for MCM AMD CPUs. Only the highest temperature per CPU is displayed.
- Fix: Socket C32 and G34 Opteron code names.
- Fix: On some AMD Opteron systems the CPU model number is not displayed.
- Fix: Detection of the C32 and G34 socket types for some Opteron CPUs.
- Fix: Corrected TjMax on some older desktop Atom chips.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/history.html

wtaf.png

5 minutes ago, xitalisk said:

Reveal hidden contents

ok guys so after i installed the h7 all is good but i did notice an oddity in my temp readings im sure its a software or sensor bug but seeing this was un nerving 0.o i have never seen a bug mis reading like this in over 15 years of pc building as you can see here core temp is reporting a max temp of over 200.C D: clearly if it was an accurate reading my CPU would have melted but still i dont like seeing this any ideas?? 

wtaf.png

LMAO!  If that was real for even 1 second your computer would be on fire. xD

So yeah, it's just a bug.  Try using HWMonitor.

18 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

LMAO!  If that was real for even 1 second your computer would be on fire. xD

So yeah, it's just a bug.  Try using HWMonitor.

haha yea thats what i figured still dont like seeing it tho haha