Razer Blackwidow X or Ducky One TKL?

cahya003

My birthday is coming soon ( next week ) and I'm really confused which one shall I pick Razer Blackwidow X or Ducky One TKL ( Red Switches )?

Do not buy anything from Razer

Ducky for sure

Have you looked into Corsair's stuff

My life

Ducky

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.

I personally prefer the look of the Razer one but since the Ducky is cheaper (at least where I looked) I would go for that.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

19 hours ago, Himommies said:

Do not buy anything from Razer

Ducky for sure

Have you looked into Corsair's stuff

I already look at corsair stuff but not a huge fan of the desain of it tbh

The BlackWidow X only comes with clicky, tactile switches. If you're interested in something like Cherry MX Reds, that's the complete opposite. I'd go with the Ducky over any gaming keyboard as it has a standard size bottom row, PBT keycaps, detachable cable, good stabilizers and much more switch choices.

12 hours ago, Kleever said:

The BlackWidow X only comes with clicky, tactile switches. If you're interested in something like Cherry MX Reds, that's the complete opposite. I'd go with the Ducky over any gaming keyboard as it has a standard size bottom row, PBT keycaps, detachable cable, good stabilizers and much more switch choices.

so they dont have the linear type switches right?

11 hours ago, cahya003 said:

so they dont have the linear type switches right?

Not on the BlackWidow X models. The normal BlackWidow models do.

Please get a Ducky. Stay away from Razer.

i7 8700K Overclocked to 5.2 GHZ, Asus 1080 TI ROG STRIX OC EDITION, Asus PRIME Z370-A Motherboard, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200mhz ,

Corsair Nepton H100i v2, ThermalTake ToughPower 750W Gold, 

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 256GB , Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 500GB, 3TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST HDD, Fractal Design R5 Black w/SidePanel, 

ASUS PG279Q 165hz 1440p Monitor, Corsair K65 LUX RGB Keyboard, Logitech G Pro WirelessZowie Camade, Sennheiser HD 6xx, Audiotechnica AT2020 Rode PSA-1 

Why do people hate Razer? They aren't exactly budget but they seem like good quality products and they have wide support in lots of games for their RGB features.

-Amy Miyake

3 minutes ago, KawaiiRaven said:

Why do people hate Razer? They aren't exactly budget but they seem like good quality products and they have wide support in lots of games for their RGB features.

cause its the cool thing to do, I've had 6 razer keyboards and had 1 fail on me (and the part that failed was the CherryMX switches) had 3 Deathadder mice and had 1 fail on compared to my Corsair... had two K70's fail and never bothered with their mice after the KB thing. 

Its electronics, shit happens but this whole forum spends it days bashing razer when the company they say is the greatest it won't take long to find someone who's got a horror story from them. 

@cahya003 I've got the Blackwidow TE Chroma at the moment and love it, and if anything happens to it i'll replace it with the TE X, But yes the keys on the X as standard are pretty loud, I like it and it works for me, at work I'm using the CMStorm Quickfire XT with CherryMx reds as people rave about the reds and honestly I don't like them.

Point here.. don't let someone else choose the switches for you. go play on your friends. Me personally I like blues and keen to try browns. but the two types to try is red and browns, from there you can see if you like the feedback or not. 

Also dont worry about everyone posting bad about razer here, I had a dead on arrival k70 and after a serious PAIN got corsair to replace it under warranty 4 months later the new one half the LED's were dead on random keys. so its luck of the Draw with any brand. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Not_Sean said:

cause its the cool thing to do, I've had 6 razer keyboards and had 1 fail on me (and the part that failed was the CherryMX switches) had 3 Deathadder mice and had 1 fail on compared to my Corsair... had two K70's fail and never bothered with their mice after the KB thing. 

Its electronics, shit happens but this whole forum spends it days bashing razer when the company they say is the greatest it won't take long to find someone who's got a horror story from them. 

@cahya003 I've got the Blackwidow TE Chroma at the moment and love it, and if anything happens to it i'll replace it with the TE X, But yes the keys on the X as standard are pretty loud, I like it and it works for me, at work I'm using the CMStorm Quickfire XT with CherryMx reds as people rave about the reds and honestly I don't like them.

Point here.. don't let someone else choose the switches for you. go play on your friends. Me personally I like blues and keen to try browns. but the two types to try is red and browns, from there you can see if you like the feedback or not. 

Also dont worry about everyone posting bad about razer here, I had a dead on arrival k70 and after a serious PAIN got corsair to replace it under warranty 4 months later the new one half the LED's were dead on random keys. so its luck of the Draw with any brand. 

I'm very happy with my Razer keyboard and Mouse. I thought it was expensive at first but I had them for 3 years now and all I did was replace keycaps. It's probably not the best value but they last a long time and the colors look awesome as well ^_^

People just hate that they can't afford them so they get some chinese mech on amazon for $50 and say its just as good.

-Amy Miyake

7 minutes ago, KawaiiRaven said:

I'm very happy with my Razer keyboard and Mouse. I thought it was expensive at first but I had them for 3 years now and all I did was replace keycaps. It's probably not the best value but they last a long time and the colors look awesome as well ^_^

People just hate that they can't afford them so they get some chinese mech on amazon for $50 and say its just as good.

hahaha so true, 

Price wise agree their stuff is expensive but honestly its around the same as the corsairs and logitech. guess people also buy the cheapest razer stuff and expect it to last like the top range stuff. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I'd probably go for the Ducky, I had a blackwidow, which it was alright, just didn't really care for the keycaps on it, and the stems on the keys would stick a lot. I got a Ducky Shine after I had that, and it was pretty great, I'd probably still have it if I hadn't switched over to a Pok3r.
The other thing about the widow, and a lot of gaming keyboards is the bezel around the keys, but it's definitly personal preference on about 99% of the differences between keyboards.
I'd recommend making a trip out to your local electronics shop and try a few different keyboards out.