Maximum rpm speed of my fans

jerry22

Hi guys, how is it going?

I need to run my fans at full speed(rpm)...

I own a case with pre-installed fans, the one in the back can be controlled from the BIOS and it is a 3-pin fan.

The two fans in the front are 2-pin; so they only have 2 wires (each), I think one wire is ground and the other one is + DC voltage supply. They have a 4-pin Molex connector so I can only connect them directly to my psu.

I found out all of this once I unpacked my case, I thought each fan was going to connect directly to my motherboard...anyway...so, I can run the fan in the back at full speed thanks to my BIOS, but I cannot measure or control the fans in the front so I did some research and I would like to know something please.

Is it true that 2-pin fans which have a 4-pin Molex connector automatically run at full speed(rpm)?

Thanks

from my knowledge, when you directly connect a fan to the psu, that doesn't have a connector to put inbetween (3V, 5V or 12V) than it will run at it's max rpm

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

You can get a manual Variable Speed Fan Controller but honestly just buying new fans would be cheaper. Yes, the fans just run at full speed as they are directly wired to the power in your current setup.

21 hours ago, SymbioTech said:

You can get a manual Variable Speed Fan Controller but honestly just buying new fans would be cheaper. Yes, the fans just run at full speed as they are directly wired to the power in your current setup.

2pin fans don't have rpm sensor which is required for mobo/BIOS based control.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

2pin fans don't have rpm sensor which is required for mobo/BIOS based control.

Yes, your correct. Sorry if I wasn't clear on this. "Manual Variable Speed Fan Controller" meaning you would have to adjust the speed by hand.