2400 MHz RAM stuck at 2200 MHz

I have a water-cooled 4790k OC'd to 4.7 GHz stable on a Z97X Gigabyte Gaming 3 mobo and recently upgraded to 32 Gb of Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 DDR3. With the latest F8d BIOS, I activated the only XMP Profile available and was able to log into Windows 10 but was bombarded with a barrage of crashes, errors and blue screens with any demand put on the CPU.

The voltage is at 1.65v and the timings are set at 11-13-13-31 despite corsair's recommendation of 10-12-12-31 which did not work. I tried memtest86 which produced errors well into the thousands but everything comes back to homeostasis when I drop the frequency to 2200.

I know there is minuscule performance loss, if any at all, but I've paid my dues and want to enjoy the performance. 

I am enthusiastic about computers and open to learning. Any advice will be helpful.

Thank You

Specs:

CPU: 4790k @ 4.7GHz

Cooler: Corsair H80i

GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC Edition

RAM: 32gb Vengeance Pro DDR3

MOBO: Z97X Gigabyte Gaming 3

PSU: EVGA Supernova 850

SSD: 1T Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 6T WD Black

Chassis: Cooler Master Storm: Trooper

Display: Asus ROG PG279Q 1440p 165Hz

it might not work.

2400 DDR3 is really high.

maybe give the RAM even more voltage? IDK.

maybe your IMC just can't handle it

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

i tried upping the System Agent Voltage to +0.2V. I'm not sure what the stock voltage is as it says "auto" and what are the limitations surrounding this. Memtest86 encountered the same amount of errors

11 minutes ago, ZionRebelLion said:

i tried upping the System Agent Voltage to +0.2V. I'm not sure what the stock voltage is as it says "auto" and what are the limitations surrounding this. Memtest86 encountered the same amount of errors

"Auto" errs on the side of caution. Easily put, it doesn't go over any 'unsafe' voltages as overclocks usually do. Your choice which is your own to make, is whether or not you want to switch from auto to another voltage. I'd suggest looking up YouTube videos on overclocking ram with your motherboard. There are plenty of them online to learn from.

You may just be facing a limitation where your motherboard doesn't allow enough voltage to be used to overclock and you may just be stuck using the voltages the motherboard can tolerate. Remember, with more voltage comes more required cooling as VRM can heat up a whole lot more.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."