4k + G Sync + Displayport + HDMI + USB-C ?

Mik F

Looking for One Display To Rule Them All.

Currently using two monitors - an Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU Gold Phoenix which is connected to gaming machine with a GTX980 through DisplayPort and a MacMini through HDMI and an Apple Thunderbolt Display used for MacBookPro.

Since upgrading to the new MBP with only USBC's I am "frustrated" about lack of ability to charge without using the MBP power supply, so looking for options to replace both monitors with a single monitor capable of handling all three sources.

• 4K - 3840x2160
  • G Sync
  • Displayport
  • HDMI
  • USB-C with charging (85w required?)

Looking for something like the Acer Predator XB281HK but that is missing the USB-C connectivity.

Minimum 28" screen size and circa £700 budget, although hoping to at least part fund the new purchase by offloading the other two.

Not really considering the curved / ultrawides as these aren't "proper" 4K biut could be persuaded.

Suggestions and recommendations gratefully received; if no such device exists please let me know!

Thanks,

Mik

These are literally the only options on PCPartPicker when applying the filter to be 4K, G-Sync, HDMI & DP.

8376b520967c143e97e72e925789fc87.png

And one of them have use type-c

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Looks like I'm on a hiding to nothing for the moment then :(

52 minutes ago, Mik F said:

Looking for One Display To Rule Them All.

Currently using two monitors - an Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU Gold Phoenix which is connected to gaming machine with a GTX980 through DisplayPort and a MacMini through HDMI and an Apple Thunderbolt Display used for MacBookPro.

Since upgrading to the new MBP with only USBC's I am "frustrated" about lack of ability to charge without using the MBP power supply, so looking for options to replace both monitors with a single monitor capable of handling all three sources.

• 4K - 3840x2160
  • G Sync
  • Displayport
  • HDMI
  • USB-C with charging (85w required?)

Looking for something like the Acer Predator XB281HK but that is missing the USB-C connectivity.

Minimum 28" screen size and circa £700 budget, although hoping to at least part fund the new purchase by offloading the other two.

Not really considering the curved / ultrawides as these aren't "proper" 4K biut could be persuaded.

Suggestions and recommendations gratefully received; if no such device exists please let me know!

Thanks,

Mik

G-Sync monitors all have the same ports since they all use the same control chip. Manufacturers are limited to what NVIDIA provides, and what they provide is one DP 1.2 port and one HDMI 1.4 port. No current G-Sync monitor will have anything else (and older ones will have only a single DP 1.2 port).

So thanks both RKRiley and Glenwing. Looks like GSync is going to have to be the sacrifice on this, although given the Gold Phoenix I currently have doesn't have it either I guess i'm not necessarily losing out....

In which case - what are the best options for 4K with Displayport, HDMI and USBC (with charging) that will have decent gaming capability, ie 4k @60hz which is what I currently have.

Thanks guys (y)

22 minutes ago, Mik F said:

So thanks both RKRiley and Glenwing. Looks like GSync is going to have to be the sacrifice on this, although given the Gold Phoenix I currently have doesn't have it either I guess i'm not necessarily losing out....

In which case - what are the best options for 4K with Displayport, HDMI and USBC (with charging) that will have decent gaming capability, ie 4k @60hz which is what I currently have.

Thanks guys (y)

LG 27UD88-W is the only one I can think of with USB-C charging, but it seems finicky judging from reviews. USB-C monitors are uncommon at the moment.