Window 8.1 logon screen background change?

KieuVanQuan

How do I change the logon screen background from this boring solid color to something fancier like in Windows Vista or 7...?

I'm not talking about the lock screen, I'm talking about the log-on screen!

This: (look at this bad basic boring blue background...)

qKcRVzv.png

Yes I've been searching google but no success...so this is my last hope!

CPU i5-4460 @ 3.2 ghzMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7RAM 32gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhzGPU GTX-750 TICase Carbide 400R | SSD Plextor M8Pe(Y) 256gb NVME | SSHD Barracuda 1TB PSU CX430Display LG 29UM55-P Ultrawide | Keyboard Trust 3-way LEDMouse Razer Death Adder V2 Left Handed | Speakers Genius SW-HF 5.1 6000Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | Sound Card Xonar Essence STXIIOS Windows 8.1 x64 Professional, build 9600 | Theme(s) Windows 7, Vista & Aero from DeviantArt

Just now, Julzilla said:

What version? Home or Pro?

Windows 8.1 x64 Professional with the first ~ 40 updates installed. Build: 9600

CPU i5-4460 @ 3.2 ghzMotherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7RAM 32gb Corsair Vengance 1600mhzGPU GTX-750 TICase Carbide 400R | SSD Plextor M8Pe(Y) 256gb NVME | SSHD Barracuda 1TB PSU CX430Display LG 29UM55-P Ultrawide | Keyboard Trust 3-way LEDMouse Razer Death Adder V2 Left Handed | Speakers Genius SW-HF 5.1 6000Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO | Sound Card Xonar Essence STXIIOS Windows 8.1 x64 Professional, build 9600 | Theme(s) Windows 7, Vista & Aero from DeviantArt

You can change the color of the login screen in Registry Editor (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent) with the DWORD 'Default Color Set'.

I think you can only add an image if you are running Windows 8.1 Enterprise through group policy on either the local machine or the domain controller.

5 minutes ago, Julzilla said:

You can change the color of the login screen in Registry Editor (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent) with the DWORD 'Default Color Set'.

I think you can only add an image if you are running Windows 8.1 Enterprise through group policy on either the local machine or the domain controller.

What's the group policy path? Maybe I can access it in professional too.

I believe it would live in Computer Configuration/Administrative Template/System/Logon

"Do not process the legacy run list"

"Do not process the run once list"

"Run these programs at user logon"

These are the only templates I've got in there. There must be some way to change it tho >_>

I think it would be easier just to upgrade to Windows 10 my friend.

7 hours ago, Julzilla said:

I think it would be easier just to upgrade to Windows 10 my friend.

No because Win10 is straight up trash :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2017 at 7:17 PM, KieuVanQuan said:

No because Win10 is straight up trash :D

I strongly object to that lol