H115i CPU_Fan Speed Error (ROG Strix X99)

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Seems like a dead pump. The CPU header reads the pump speed. Get the cooler replaced for sure.

Hello, 

when I tried to start my computer today it stopped me at the American Megatrends site and I get past the Bios. I did some research and I got a clue but nothing really helped.

In the Bios it says CPU FAN N/A and when I try to configure it (to full speed) it doesn't change. The Radiator Fans just go from normal to full speed (no matter the configuration) but the CPU heats up from 40 to over 70°C. It seems as if the pump gave up on life.

The PC is brand new, I bought and built everything in August. Should I just send the water cooler back or is this just a easy fix error? I built it as said in the manual and yesterday everything worked fine. I also checked if everything is still plugged in properly and it was.

Also as you can see in the attached pictures it registers my RAM as 2133MHz even though I installed 3000MHz modules. Just noticed it taking the pictures :D

I've built lots of computers before, liquid and water cooled and never encountered this problem.

Please help.

IMG_7958.JPG

IMG_7959.JPG

Seems like a dead pump. The CPU header reads the pump speed. Get the cooler replaced for sure.

@strinom For memory you have to enable XMP.

You can do this very easily in the BIOS (you even showed it in the picture) just above the fan profile you can see that it says XMP disabled. Just open the drop-down menu and select profile 1.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

6 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

I'm going to do that. Thank you very much. 

Have a great day :D

(Do you have any clue why the RAM slots say 2133 instead of 3000)

3 minutes ago, G27Racer_188 said:

@strinom For memory you have to enable XMP.

You can do this very easily in the BIOS (you even showed it in the picture) just above the fan profile you can see that it says XMP disabled. Just open the drop-down menu and select profile 1.

Thank you. I'm going to try that, if it doesn't work I guess someone f'd up the packing ad put the wrong modules into the packaging.

3 minutes ago, strinom said:

Thank you. I'm going to try that, if it doesn't work I guess someone f'd up the packing ad put the wrong modules into the packaging.

You'll be fine w/ XMP enabled as @G27Racer_188 has said . All DDR4 is set to 2133 by default, so even if you had 3466MHz ram, it'd show up as 2133 until XMP was turned on.